Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

So I took delivery of my CVT trailer.

I picked it up on Saturday in Portland. Before bringing it home, I had to go pick some people up downtown and go to breakfast. I was pleased to find how easy it was to navigate around the downtown city streets.

I have plans for it, but with he exception of new wheels and tires (to match size and lug pattern) I want to put a few trips on it as is before I decide how I'm going to modify it.

It has a CVT Mt. Thielsen loaded on it right now.

I will get some more pictures and closeups of different bits, soon.

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Really interested in the CVT trailer, I'll watch this as you make mods to see how it works out.

Congrats on the new purchase, I'd like to hear your impressions of how it works out for you and your style.
You've mentioned how well it tows and easy to navigate, of course I'd expect nothing less, looking forward to hear how it pulls on tight trails if you venture out.

Cheers, Dan.

Reactions: jdunk

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

Is it a 6 lug hub and wheels? I might be interested in them if you were going to replace them with a 5 lug for your jeep. Any new changes or still figuring out what you wanna do with it?

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Is it a 6 lug hub and wheels? I might be interested in them if you were going to replace them with a 5 lug for your jeep. Any new changes or still figuring out what you wanna do with it?
I am going to replace them with the 5 bolt pattern that's on my Jeep; one of my priorities. Finding time this time of year is difficult.

The other priority is mounting a propane tank or two.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

I am going to replace them with the 5 bolt pattern that's on my Jeep; one of my priorities. Finding time this time of year is difficult.

The other priority is mounting a propane tank or two.
Were you planning to replace the whole axle or just the hubs?

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Were you planning to replace the whole axle or just the hubs?
There is no axel. I haven't decided if I'm going to replace the hubs or add spacers. It depends on how the stock jeep wheels and their horrible offset look like they're going to fit on the trailer.

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

There is no axel. I haven't decided if I'm going to replace the hubs or add spacers. It depends on how the stock jeep wheels and their horrible offset look like they're going to fit on the trailer.
Ohhh interesting. Should be a pretty easy hub swap then id expect. From what ive seen you'll probably need some spacers since alot of those wheels seem to be even or negative offset.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

You will want to swap to a 5x5" hub and add 1.5" wheel spacers to fit the stock GC wheels over the trailer hubs. The 2 piece bolt together spacer/adapters are never a good idea.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

You will want to swap to a 5x5" hub and add 1.5" wheel spacers to fit the stock GC wheels over the trailer hubs. The 2 piece bolt together spacer/adapters are never a good idea.
That's kind of what I figured, and why I haven't done it yet. My goal is to make it the same as the XK. That way everything is interchangeable, and when I finally upgrade, I'll upgrade all around.

Hub Centric (?) are the ones that I have on the Commander. My goal will be to use the same ones.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

That's kind of what I figured, and why I haven't done it yet. My goal is to make it the same as the XK. That way everything is interchangeable, and when I finally upgrade, I'll upgrade all around.

Hub Centric (?) are the ones that I have on the Commander. My goal will be to use the same ones.
I always recommend Spidertrax wheel spacers. They are made right outside of Denver, CO and the guys there are about as good as they get.

Reactions: jdunk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I realize, I never did post the walk around video I made for the trailer...

There will ba a follow up video. I currently have my CVT Rainier on it, and it's going in to get the latches upgraded...

Reactions: Shahn and GHQ1