FOR SALE Custom Offroad Camper Trailer

• HTML tutorial

BlairB

Rank II

Enthusiast II

****SOLD****

For Sale:
A custom off-road camper trailer based on a M116A-1 Hydraulic Hose Fitting Trailer. I am the 2nd owner of the trailer (bought it from the builder about 5 months ago) and with a wedding coming up I am unfortunately just not finding myself using it enough and don’t see that changing anytime soon.

This is a true go-anywhere trailer on 35’s, and I would take it anywhere that I would take my rig. I wouldn’t hesitate to load up and take it on any adventure tomorrow. Throw a RTT on the top and you have a trailer that can hold the entire family!

Most of the photos are from the previous owner. I never ended up snapping photos of it while in use, so figured those are better than it sitting in my garage. For interested parties I can take any photos that you would like, or can FaceTime/Skype to show you the trailer. The trailer is also available to be looked at in person in San Ramon, Ca.

Link to original build thread:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/offroad-trailer-build.1795/

A few photos with specs on the trailer and build can be found below.

A little information on the trailer:

• Based on M116A-1 military trailer. Very beefy axle and steel frame with an aluminum box.
  • Has the original style 35” military tires and wheels. Tows great with them and am never worried about tire damage while on trail.
  • Hand operated parking brake on each wheel
  • Suspension is leaf springs with grease-able shackles. The trailer does have shocks.
  • Original tag weight is 800lbs, but much of the original interior was removed. Tows behind my V6 4Runner like it isn’t there, and the previous owner had no issues behind his ’90 Tacoma. I haven’t weighed it personally, but it is easy to move around by hand.
  • Pintle ring and hitch (adjustable hitch included).

Build Specs:

• All aluminum body
  • 8’ ARB Awning w/ LED lights mounted and wired to trailer (led color is selectable)
  • LED flood pods on both sides of trailer
  • 100 Watt Renology Solar System with smart controller, battery temperature monitor and voltage monitor
  • 100aH AGM Duracell Battery in battery box
  • Stainless battery box “shield"
  • Smoked acrylic windows
  • Curtains on both windows
  • All doors and windows water tight, all doors have working locks
  • Passenger side entry (main entry) is a teardrop-style RV door
  • Inside there is a 5” thick memory foam mattress
  • Custom step/rock sliders all the way around
  • Paint is a blue for a 2005 Tacoma
  • Manually adjustable roof vent with fan
  • Maxair roof vent cover. Allows vent to be open in rain or while driving (currently not mounted so the trailer can fit in my garage)
  • Side vent added for additional air flow (side vent, top vent and door with opening window and screen)
  • Dimmable LED interior lighting
  • Voltage meter display
  • USB charging ports
  • Interior walls insulated with foam board and thin plywood
  • Floor is foam insulated and covered by 1/2” plywood with laminate flooring on it

Other notes:

• The fenders have a small crack from previous damage that was there when I bought it. I was going to fix this, but it never bothered me enough to cause me to take action.
  • Door trim was never finished. I may be able to knock that our before it is sold though.

And how it started...

Last edited:

Bill S

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Castro Valley, CA
Member #

Blair,

I like to come see the trailer. I'm in Castro Valley and retired so have a lot of flexibility in coming to you. Please advise what works best for you.

Thanks.

Bill

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I remember this trailer! It looked like a lot of quality work went into it. Good luck with the sale!

MtMan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stow, MA
Member #

Is this trailer still for sale? If so, do you have any more picture of the inside?