Custom Homemade Bed Rack - F150

• HTML tutorial

TheVlado

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all,
Just wanted to share some pics of my DIY bed rack, which I finished this weekend.

Created from 3x1 steel, and bolted together so that it can be taken apart and stored at the end of the season.
I also used eye-hook bolts so that it has extra hook points for bungies etc.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

Last edited:
Reactions: Russell Peters

sccsammy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Does it feel pretty sturdy? Would you feel comfortable mounting a RTT? I was thinking of doing something similar but was not sure if I would want to mount a RTT on something I rigged together lol.

TheVlado

Rank 0

Traveler I

[/ATTACH]
Very nice, I have rails across my bed and a cargo basket, however I kayak also and my setup does not allow me to go over the cab with the kayaks so they stick out to far in the back. I need to come up with a solution.

View attachment 62754
Egan, I have no problem sending you the drawings I made for this rack. Show them to any metal supplier and they should be able to make you one. Shoot me a message.

TheVlado

Rank 0

Traveler I

Does it feel pretty sturdy? Would you feel comfortable mounting a RTT? I was thinking of doing something similar but was not sure if I would want to mount a RTT on something I rigged together lol.
Yup, its very sturdy. The vertical rails lock in when you twist them in, and then are bolted to the bottom of the bed. I actually drove 30 miles with it on the truck with no bolts lol. Should be good for an RTT.