FOR SALE Custom Gear- SF Bay Area Design Services

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

US
Hi all,

Seems there's a surprisingly large concentration of OB members in the bay area, I've seen a fair few OB badged rigs around.

As I've progressed on my build, I've found that as it isn't a common platform for offroad builds (Volvo XC70) there have been a number of parts I've had to design or fabricate myself. I suspect I'm not the only one in this situation.

Im an experienced industrial designer with design expertise in fields from 3d printing to injection molding to sheet metal, and just about everything in between. Depending on the project I can do fabrication either in-house or through one of the many skilled craftsmen I work with on a regular basis. Examples of my work can be seen on my Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/joedockstader/

My rate is $65/hr for design time, and $32.50 half-rate for research, planning and communications time.
I work fast. For example: A recent project was a fully custom skidplate for a MKV Golf R rally build, 2hrs half-rate taking measurements and discussing the client's requirements, one hour for full design and getting files to the fabricator. Total cost for that fully custom skidplate design: $130.

I quote a maximum for the project before work starts, and will not charge a penny over that quote provided the requested work remains the same. I will, however, charge less than quoted if the project gets done faster than expected.

If anyone needs custom parts designed (custom tubular bull bars, anyone?) Shoot me an email at
joseph@redpropellers.org
And I'll be happy to design whatever parts you need.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OnlyTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley CA
Member #

That is awesome! Just what I’m looking for actually. Can you meet up during the week sometime? I have some ideas I want to run by you.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk