Launch Member

Advocate III

Torrington, CT
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Vonrichthofen
Member #

I'd like to welcome all the new members from the past few months. I would like to plan a meet and greet in central CT somwhere depending on participation. Maybe a place where we can do some fishing or something. There is a big boat launch in Hartford near the Xfinity concert theater or even a beach near sikorski airport in Stratford.

I would like to meet as many of you as possible and pick your brains. Plan a trip like the trans Mass trail with some stops at some local wheeling trails. I know there are a bunch near by but it has been years since I was in an offroading jeep club. I really wished I payed more attention to where I was taken.

So if there is any interest, lets get something going

R Martin

Rank I

Contributor I

7 Stephens Street, Chicopee, Massachusetts 01022, United States
First Name
Raekwon
Last Name
Martin
Member #

I have recently joined and I'm located 40 mins from Hartford. This is something I'm really down to really do. Majority of my free time is weekend landing, if possible. I'm also new to the area and want to get out more of traveling and seeing the great north east. I'm always ready to see new things abd get out and explore. Let's make this happen and bring in a joyful New Years.

Reactions: CareMarc112020
M

Markpaul1

Hey everybody I just joined yesterday and I very much would like to get a group together to talk about rides maybe try to plan a off road trip whatever my number is 413-276-5866 I just live in Springfield mass. I’m still working to build my truck and waiting for my RCA sliders to arrive

M

Markpaul1

Send me a message 4132765866 maybe get little group and drive up the my in wilbraham

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

Any idea of when would like to do trans - mass run ?
You will have to wait another month or two to be able to do it. Went to go do it yesterday and huge cement boulders blocking the road in Middlefield, MA. I only got 32miles done of it. There is possibly a way around the boulders through the WMA and the Forest right near there but didn't go all the way down there. I got 3/4 of the way down that WMA logging road and decided to turn back as it was running late.

M

Markpaul1

Ok thanks for checking it out keep updated I’m down to do it

M

Markpaul1

To Caremark I need your number again and also Saturday I went to Groton’s passion off-road meet up which great time set up by this guy from s Cali. He has a Instagram page and drives a Nissan anyways while I was out there I checked out Bilings Lake Dam out by machatucket and is listen on the overland bound page as a trail butis gated off and we’re 4 x 4 vehicles were driving around the town or whom ever cut down trees so nobody can get through

Walt_Felix

Rank I

Enthusiast I

East Hartland, CT
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Felix
Hi Folks, just registered for the site today. Located in Hartland, CT, just to the left of the notch on the MA border. Looking to learn about the Overland hobby and meet some folks. I'm an advanced amateur photographer interested in some beginner excursions here in New England to start off. Anything that could have decent photo ops with either landscapes and/or rigs.

Have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, mostly stock at this point. But I do like to venture off the beaten path without really abusing it (still my daily driver).

Purpony

Rank I

Member I

CT
First Name
Marc
Last Name
C
Member #

Columbia CT here..... Been a member of the site for a while but just started checking the New England forums today. I like to get out and explorer with the family and camp. Mainly visit and camp national or state parks and drive around forest roads. Nothing in CT but some things up in VT ive found.

Hartford Mike

Rank III

Contributor III

Hartford, CT, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Ungaro
Member #

I just joined and, well, I guess you can tell where I’m from. While I’ve been camping for years I’m a newb to overlanding. So it would be great to meet up with people from the area who know what they’re doing and know where to go, and with other newbs too of course. I’ll also share whatever I find out along the way as I understand that off-road trails are few and far between around here. Good to be part of the group!

M

Markpaul1

Hey mike I just joined not too long ago if you’d like set something up more then happy to not too far from Springfield ma

M

Markpaul1

My availability is any Sunday . Caremark I can reach out to you if we can get little group together and hopefully make something happen . Do sundays work for other people ? Could meet at a winery, or brewery or even a parking lot whatever and talk about places we know of just to meet up . I’m taking a trip w some people from tacomaworld in June maybe meet before then can have some more people . Write me or shoot me text at 4132765866 and let’s get out there and take a trip and leave a place better then what we found it

M

Markpaul1

Just throwing out there - anyone into going race point Sunday at cape ?

OutdoorsBen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Western Massachusetts
Member #

Any idea of when would like to do trans - mass run ?
I did the trans mass trail with a buddy today. Wasn’t sure if that concrete barrier was down. Thankfully it was. We did 110ish miles it was 75% dirt road. Around miles 70-85 it was more pavement than dirt. At mile 85 that’s Greenfield center. From there we took the Puppy Dog trail to VT. Once we got to VT we went up a few more miles and stopped at the covered bridge.

Overall the trip was fun. The track even takes you through the Cosby property (legally).

I marked some waypoints as offshoot roads to explore at a later date.

I would 100% say the way to do the trail is south to north. Starting at the covered bridge and ending in CT would be a let down. Ending at the bridge was awesome.

Attachments