Contributor III

Midland, Texas, United States
First Name
Devyn
Last Name
Mercer
Member #

Hey everyone,

Just a general question so that I may be able to further deduce what I might need for my future rig.

When you were buying your vehicle to mod for overlanding - what were your minimum requirements to have?

Once you had your vehicle - what was the first five things you modded/upgraded to get you started towards your current build?

Thanks in advance.

12C20

Rank V
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

South Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

Hey everyone,

Just a general question so that I may be able to further deduce what I might need for my future rig.

When you were buying your vehicle to mod for overlanding - what were your minimum requirements to have?

Once you had your vehicle - what was the first five things you modded/upgraded to get you started towards your current build?

Thanks in advance.
I wanted something with a good selection of modifications available, something that was capable - out of the box, and something that could grow with me as my activities changed over the years.

Reactions: DevynDMercer

12C20

Rank V
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

South Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance.
First things I did were slightly bigger AT tires and ‘step sliders’ by Body Armor. Plenty of people will point out that these aren’t real sliders, and they’re right; but they are enough for what I do.

The rest came as my hobby evolved and needs manifest themselves.

Reactions: DevynDMercer

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I wanted something with a good selection of modifications available, something that was capable - out of the box,
This exactly.
There's nothing worse then selecting a rig just to find out only one shop builds mods for it and the parts are poorly made.
If you buy something older, this becomes more apparent.

HudsonYoung

Rank I

Contributor III

salt lake city
First Name
Hudson
Last Name
Young
Hey everyone, Just a general question so that I may be able to further deduce what I might need for my future rig. When you were buying your vehicle to mod for overlanding - what were your minimum requirements to have? Once you had your vehicle - what was the first five things you modded/upgraded to get you started towards your current build? Thanks in advance.

Can I ask a question? Are you also a student and want someone to help you write your dissertation? Do not worry now; I am sharing my favourite Dissertation Writing Service in UK that Meet Any Needs website, which I have been using to get my dissertation done. They are professional writers, and they write for you if you pay them, and they are also affordable.
Can I ask a question?

Last edited: