Cow Mountian

• HTML tutorial

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

At this point, Penny Pines, Deer Valley, Letts Lake and a large portion of the Snow Mountain Wilderness have been burned up and it looks as though Lake Pilsbury will follow in the next day or two. I think we'll be lucky if we don't lose the entire forest.
gunnaloseitall.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
From the reports I'm getting from the fire it will go around Snow Mountain, the problem there is a portion is designated a wilderness.

After the fire is out and suppression repair has been completed there is an opportunity for groups to get involved in some rehab through the State OHV program.

Reactions: MBroenkow

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Whoever is intersted there is going to be some work needed in Lake and Mendo later this year. Del Albright will advise me when we need to mobilize then ill send out the call for help. This will be a Boots On The Ground effort by members of OLB helping a local effort.
@Michael

Reactions: MBroenkow

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Kent! I think a lot of us will be interested in helping out where ever we can. The poor forest is going to be a wreck.
Yep it is, we have family on the lines and I get daily reports and its not good.

As for the help, I am working with Del Albright and Don Amador both very connected with that area. They will tell us the need then we will mobilize. Are you willing to help me with organizing when I get it started?

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

I have a few friends in the forestry department working in MNF and the daily reports have been dismal. It feels as if they have not been able to keep 1 ft of the forest from burning, but I know that's not fair. They've had horrible conditions and terrain to deal with.

I don't know Del... but the name seems awfully familiar. I could certainly give you a hand towards organizing things.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
You should follow Del here on the forum, and check out his posts on the land use page here. Del and Michael did a live FB event up here a month ago and the link is on the Land use page.
@Del Albright

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I will send a message to the local area probably a 100 mile radius and post on the land use page. This project is part of a bigger Overland Bound program I'm working on to help through the region on projects that threaten to close trails. Our new program is called Boots On The Ground, we did a quick test run with Clovis Independent 4 Wheelers on the Bald Mountain trail in the Sierra NF last weekend and I think it is going to work.