Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Llenos
Member #

I am wondering if this is a prohibited activity. I plan to just get out , go to a BLM where there is few or no campers and jist spend the might there.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Legal in some places, not legal in others. Fact is until this virus is under control why not join the nation ..... world and stay home. The recommendation, stay home. Why does it have to be prohibited when front line workers ask you to avoid non essential travel.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
I am wondering if this is a prohibited activity. I plan to just get out , go to a BLM where there is few or no campers and jist spend the might there.
I know several people out here who re still getting out also at our Arizona house getting out is very safe... In a 50 miles radius there are ZERO cases of covid..

BLM Nevada "Visitors may continue to enjoy BLM-managed public lands in a safe and responsible manner. We recommend visiting areas close to home while avoiding very popular or crowded locations where social distancing may be difficult and limiting group activities to members of your household. Please note that existing rules and regulations apply. Entrance fees have been waived. "

Reactions: SG MD

SG MD

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Meridian, ID, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Llenos
Member #

I know several people out here who re still getting out also at our Arizona house getting out is very safe... In a 50 miles radius there are ZERO cases of covid..

BLM Nevada "Visitors may continue to enjoy BLM-managed public lands in a safe and responsible manner. We recommend visiting areas close to home while avoiding very popular or crowded locations where social distancing may be difficult and limiting group activities to members of your household. Please note that existing rules and regulations apply. Entrance fees have been waived. "
Thanks Charles!
I called our local BLM and they are open as long as it is dispersed camping. So relieved.

Reactions: Charles M

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
lol priceless

meanwhile here is the face of a nurse coming off a 65 hour week

View attachment 149608

yeah, you go have a good time :anguished::fearful::disrelieved:
That has happened pre covid-19. Now, outside the known hotspots like the NE US, many nurses are working part time to sitting at home. For the time being, plenty of beds and supplies.

Last night my wife was reading a 72k comment FB thread where nurses discussed their local circumstances. Most are not at capacity and many many are nowhere near capacity. NY was still an exception and some asked for assistance. As to search and rescue, maybe I’m wrong, but I haven’t heard of them being in need of aid.

As long as people are following the guidelines, you can get fuel and food without significant transmission risk. Be smart. Don’t do anything typically risky.

Keep in mind, there’s no guarantee of a vaccine either. There isn’t one for SARS. Point being, we might have to become better germaphobes and work through this virus. It’s not feasible to keep everything shut down indefinitely...or at least until a possible vaccine is released.

The only reason I replied is to provide a more complete picture of the current situation.

Last edited:

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
This is BLM land and there is NEVER a fee to be here. In fact I have never been to any BLM land that had a fee.. My house is on the very edge of that grassy area below this is part of my view from the house.. In fact I go hiking here every day to get exercise and have never crossed paths with a single person... Like I stated above our place in Arizona does not have a single case for at least 80 miles and none in our city or even in the next city over...

The picture you posted is maybe 1% of the medical people in the US right now . 99% of them are not getting in any more hours than normal and some are getting a lot of time off because most hospitals are not at capacity. So, your photo is irrelevant to the large majority of areas in the USA right now... So, thank you, I will have fun out there... I can camp right here if I wanted too.

20200112_131104.jpg

taliv

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
if you don't have to travel, because it's near your house, and you won't see anyone else AND you being out there won't cause everyone else to do it (like the guy going to the beach) and you're not at any more risk than you'd be at your house, of having to call first responders, a tow truck, etc, then absolutely go out and have fun.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM