Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg I to have thing about briges this aint coverd per say but it ouzes character used to be another But it was scrapped. Although there are another 4 at another location. Bascule bridges lift to let ships pass under by pumping. water into the ballest tank to swing it back and up a magnificent engineering feat Alhough this one does not need to lift any more.

Last edited:

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Actually you would be amazed how many people are still there no matter what the weather . A fire ran though there this summer and as sad as it was in a way I'm glad that the gorge will get a break from the overcrowding that normally happens all summer

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Actually you would be amazed how many people are still there no matter what the weather . A fire ran though there this summer and as sad as it was in a way I'm glad that the gorge will get a break from the overcrowding that normally happens all summer
Sorry to hear about the fire... but agree with the overcrowding. Here's a shot I took last summer. I had to wait a long time so most folks were off the bridge.
IMG_0760.JPG