Could use some help with F-150 Bed RTT mounting clearance dimensions!

• HTML tutorial

JJLove

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Skagit Valley, Washington, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Fields
I am about to take the leap into an RTT. My challenge is that I am dealing with a garage clearance issue. I am in a 2017 F-150 super crew with no lift on it. It clears a 6'6" garage with a couple inches to spare.

My math tells me that the 6" voodoo high rise racks (not the modular racks) + a 12" Tepui RTT should be fine. So 18" on the top of the bed height which is 55" at the front of the bed and 57.5" at the rear.

So 73" (front) sloping to 75.5"" in the rear. with the cab clearing a 78" garage entrance with a couple inches to spare - this should be a non-issue right? I mean tight, but a non-issue none the less?

Ordering all this online has me nervous and the local rack shops aren't too much help unfortunately.

Does anyone have this set up or something similar? Again, on paper everything should work, but i'd hate to build this out and then not able park it in the garage, keeping the RTT exposed on public streets all the time.

I appreciate your perspectives!

Cody Streeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Streeter
Member #

I ordered the same rack. I have a Tepui Kukenam 3. Looking at the pictures on their instagram and website, it looks like you should be fine. I don't think the tent will be above the cab of the truck.

Reactions: JJLove