corral hollow

• HTML tutorial

candhu

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi Michael-
I stumbled across your site while searching for new camping locations to explore...love what I've read & seen on overland bound thus far!
Thx in advance for all your work and willingness to share info.
I want to hit up corral hollow this summer. Just saw your video. Wondering if there is ANY water (streams,etc) out there?...or only option is to head back to lake alpine for the kids to splash around?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @Jesse! So glad you found us! Corral Hollow is pretty dry, though there is a seasonal creek that runs along the first part of the trail. If I stay up Corral Hollow, I almost always make a day trip to Lake Alpine or to have lunch in Slick Rock trail. If you watch "Lake Alpine Adventure" you can get an idea what that's all about. The creek there is year round and runs out of Lake Alpine.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

I was wondering if you could post your route for this trip and any God coordinates too if you have any. Is this pretty easy route? I have a two year old I'd like to take and get him camping early in his life. Thanks!!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Barron no problem at all! Check this out:

http://overlandbound.com/overland-trip-lake-alpine-ca/

There is a link to a map and a description of how to get there. This is a mild trail, and great for a family. It is just enough to seem adventurous, without being dangerous. Check in advance for snow levels!

Good luck!

M