Corral Hollow + Slick Rock Jeep Trail

• HTML tutorial

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

I Decided to go venture out in the woods for 4 days with my friend. I ran into one of our own members fly boy and his friend out at Bear Trap Basin. After our 2nd night camping out in Corral Hollow, I decided to iron out some boulders in the 3 ton pig. It was my friend's first time to do any serious wheeling so he opted to stay out of the vehicle. Video coming soon when I'm not so lazy to edit.

Corral Hollow Trail

Slick Rock Trail

SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Hey I have a 2016 4runner with some K02s...will I make it to the river?

Same question for Corral Hollow but for making it to the viewpoint?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a noobie

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

Hey I have a 2016 4runner with some K02s...will I make it to the river?

Same question for Corral Hollow but for making it to the viewpoint?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a noobie
A stock 4Runner will do Corral Hollow no problem. Slick rock is strictly for vehicles with a lot of under body armor and rock sliders. No sliders, no doors.

SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
A stock 4Runner will do Corral Hollow no problem. Slick rock is strictly for vehicles with a lot of under body armor and rock sliders. No sliders, no doors.

Thank you for the prompt response. So i csnt even get to the river like in this video?
What would it run me to get my vehicle ready to get me to that river?

Last question, what is the wildlife like at both locations?

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

So Slick Rock trail used to be somewhat tame. Tame enough that I did the whole trail in my 3rd gen with nothing more than a spacer lift and 35s. Last year the trail was reconstructed with a new gate keeper and the trail is hardcore enough for modified Wrangler Unlimiteds to get hung up. You can cross it but all your OEM tin foil will be mangled or ripped off. Now I did the trail pretty much blindly in my FJ with no spotters and I could've benefited greatly with spotters in some areas. You at least need rock sliders the bare minimum. Its literally a necessity and there's no way around it.

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

The music in the first video had me dying! :tearsofjoy:

Slick Rock is gnarly! Thanks for the preview. My truck definitely isn't ready for that.

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

The first video's music was a big middle finger to my friend lol. There was a modded XJ Jeep and a Toyota Hilux that gave up and turned around. Met up with them right at that camp site. 30 minutes later, they came back and said it was way too gnarly. I did bend my auxiliary fuel tank bracket going through that trail and didnt realize it until I walked out of home depot and noticed my tank was crooked.