Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We are staying put. However in our state it is still permissible to drive to a hiking trail. So each morning we take a nice hike in the woods. Then drive directly back home. It’s about a 10 minute drive. If these little known trails become crowded we’ll stop going, but so far we have seen no more folks than would be ordinary. ( 1 or 2 ) we are lucky as we chose to live in a rural area long ago. I’m just wondering how people are doing that are cooped up in the suburban/urban areas? I cannot imagine being stuck in a tiny apartment with nothing to do but read every post on OB and watch television. Interestingly enough, we are watching just about the same amount of television, 3-4 hours a week. Be good, do good

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

We are staying put. However in our state it is still permissible to drive to a hiking trail. So each morning we take a nice hike in the woods. Then drive directly back home. It’s about a 10 minute drive. If these little known trails become crowded we’ll stop going, but so far we have seen no more folks than would be ordinary. ( 1 or 2 ) we are lucky as we chose to live in a rural area long ago. I’m just wondering how people are doing that are cooped up in the suburban/urban areas? I cannot imagine being stuck in a tiny apartment with nothing to do but read every post on OB and watch television. Interestingly enough, we are watching just about the same amount of television, 3-4 hours a week. Be good, do good

I think there's going to be a TON of backyard and sideyard camping during this virus crisis. We live in town, couple miles to downtown, great neighborhood for walking and local food, etc, though have next to no yard here. I'm still scheming ways to pop up my rooftop tent, though, and get a fire going and get some outdoor sleeping in.

bbrlm-190316-crop-2721-900.jpg

Stay safe, stay clean, stay positive!

Last edited:

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

We're staying put.
My girlfriend gets in early am runs.
I've been lazy AF.
Thankfully, I'm able to work from home.

Lots of home cooked meals. Lots of laying around.

Today is day 18 (I think).

harley97

Rank III

Advocate I

Sun City, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Hinton
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DKV
Service Branch
USCG
Just to clarify my previous comment. I am not advocating people going out. I am simply informing people of what the requirements and laws are. Minimizing human contact is the key to slowing this. This isnt an opinion, its facts. No one is being cited, arrested or fined for leaving their house. The 1st, 4th and 5th amendments protect that right. People are being cited for going to closed places or congregating in groups.

I agree, if you dont need to go out dont go out, but you are not confined to your house by the government, you still have the freedom to leave your house if you please.

harley97

Rank III

Advocate I

Sun City, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Hinton
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DKV
Service Branch
USCG
the infection, death rates say regardless of our personal opinions, we should stay at home
All I am doing is ensuring people have the correct information that they are not confined to their homes and will not face penalties for leaving their home. If someone wants to leave their home it is legal, but they should avoid other people at all costs.

harley97

Rank III

Advocate I

Sun City, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Hinton
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DKV
Service Branch
USCG
Don't go understanding shit happens and you will expose someone else.

View attachment 147083

The conditions are changing by the hour.

View attachment 147085
No one is being cited, fined or arrested for leaving their house. That is unconstitutional. Stay away from people and dont go to closed areas and you will be fine. Yes, I agree, shit happens, but living by that ideology would mean we should all be living in plastic bubbles and never leaving our homes. If someone wants to go out, they have the freedom to do so, but should also exercise some sense and stay away from people.

copperblack

Rank 0

Contributor I

KS
First Name
Tran
Last Name
Lany
Too bad I canceled all my plans because of the outbreak. Most off-roaders and camper I also know are having a financial crisis because of the virus. But my body just wants some fresh air now and I feel like the more I'm outside the city the less chances of me having the virus. hopefully all of you guys who are camping as of the moment that when you get back to the city we are now virus-free.

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

No one is being cited, arrested or fined for leaving their house. The 1st, 4th and 5th amendments protect that right. People are being cited for going to closed places or congregating in groups.
MAYBE not here in that states but it is happening. These are two that I just saw this morning.
The city of Fayetteville NC has implemented a curfew for 9 p.m. - 6 a.m. Don't recall how long that is supposed to last but since Fayetteville borders with FT. Bragg (Big Army) this could prove interesting... at least if the cops try to enforce it.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

we've been holed up at the house a little over 3 weeks and were getting low on a few things and did a quick trip to the small neighborhood walmart right before the 1st and they were surprisingly pretty well stocked. towards the end of the month peoples EBT is empty and that is the time to go...after the 1st and welfare checks come out, the shelves are depleted again.
Did the ebt and wic cards even get charged ? I dont know anyone on welfare.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

If things are getting restocked at the walmart closest to me 17 miles away i havent seen it. I must go after everything is bought up already. My wife has been picking up what she can find on her 50 mile commute to collin county she brought home a bunch of ground bison last night. Even if things are stocked im still going fishing we need the exercise and escape from reality for a while and the extra meat will be nice.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Did the ebt and wic cards even get charged ? I dont know anyone on welfare.
i'm sure they did. i live in a weird area, being an oil field hub we have a huge amount of millionaires in the area that own boat companies, ship yards, fab shops, machine shops, etc and on the flip side, there is a crazy huge amount of gov't housing and welfare recipients in the same area. makes for an interesting dynamic.

even before the virus, everyone knows not to shop right after the 1st cuz walmarts are jammed full

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

i'm sure they did. i live in a weird area, being an oil field hub we have a huge amount of millionaires in the area that own boat companies, ship yards, fab shops, machine shops, etc and on the flip side, there is a crazy huge amount of gov't housing and welfare recipients in the same area. makes for an interesting dynamic.

even before the virus, everyone knows not to shop right after the 1st cuz walmarts are jammed full
The closest town to me is the college town of commerce where there is a texas a&m the town is poor and im sure alot of people are on welfare but there arent really many people in the town now that schools are closed. Jobs here are farmer, cop/emergency worker, drug dealer or you commute to the dallas metro area