Corner balanced suspension #coilovers

• HTML tutorial

itarin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Jacksonville, Florida
Member #

Everyone is starting to run coil over suspensions. Just wondering if anyone is getting corner balanced after they install them.

Reason I ask is, I used to run a track car with coilovers, and what people don't realize is, these vehicles are corner balanced to provide the proper vehicle dynamics. Slapping on a suspension, throwing on gear, and not verify imbalances can cause dangerous issues like crashes and roll overs. Not sure why this wouldn't be true for our rigs.

will_beck2143

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Huntington Beach
Member #

I think you have a valid point. However, once you leave pavement and start heading down an uneven bumpy road, vehicle balance is already very much compromised. Typical overlanders don't move at the rate of speed your average track car sees, and aren't upset by the minute changes you could see in a track car.

It would be a good idea, but being 100lbs off per corner in a 6600lb loaded rig won't make a huge difference. Not one I think the average driver would feel

OB # 2143

20DYNAMITE07

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

If you do get corner balanced, try your best to pack the truck the same way every time. One wouldn't want their suspension compensating for a load that has been moved to the other side of the truck ;)

Reactions: will_beck2143