Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Well, that's the best name I can come up with so far. A mixture of hard core trail riding and vehicle base camping. Its that time of year again. The Ultimate Adventure is just a few months away. Ive signed up for the fourth year in a row and probably want make the cut. So few spots and so many cool rigs signing up,Just getting to go is almost an honor. So time to take action. Michael and friends have given us the platform. I'm putting out the Challenge. Now it's up to you guys. I've got 30+ years of wheeling and camping around this country. 10 years of truck driving all over the US. One heck of a mental data base of where to go and how to get there. 5 years of on & off road Vehicle recovery in Colorado's high country, and a few friends with tons of know how and maybe even a YouTube channel. 10-20 rigs,5-7 days,3-8 rated trails, and long scenic roads...I'll pre run and plan trips. There a ton of potential here, just need to find the right people to play...Dana,435-922-6337[emoji109] IMG_2332.JPG

Last edited:

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Very open, could be a one time thing or maybe even a monthly thing. I invite you guys to check out Ultimate Adventure. If anyone is up to the Challenge, I'll plan some trips accordingly. We have some great ideas just need to find solid interest. It's not easy to camp, travel, and run up to an eight rated trail for most..

Reactions: Cendee

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Very open, could be a one time thing or maybe even a monthly thing. I invite you guys to check out Ultimate Adventure. If anyone is up to the Challenge, I'll plan some trips accordingly. We have some great ideas just need to find solid interest. It's not easy to camp, travel, and run up to an eight rated trail for most..
I've done my share of such trips when my age was younger and my wallet was fatter.

I don't have such a rig any longer so I'm asking questions for the sake of trying to stimulate conversation and get others interested.

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I've done my share of such trips when my age was younger and my wallet was fatter.

I don't have such a rig any longer so I'm asking questions for the sake of trying to stimulate conversation and get others interested.
I appreciate that, I'm putting it out on OB just to see if I get any interest. This is just step 1...

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

You have my attention. I’m interested in seeing what you come up with.
I have the plans,thanks for responding. Let's give it a little time and see if it gains traction...meanwhile try to watch the Ultimate Adventure and 4 Wheel Action in Australia so we are all on the same page....

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Lemme get my lift and bumper in and I'll jump on it too.

Someone has to be there to help dig A-Aron outta the mud (And I need his rig to snatch me outta the snow :)

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Copy that... I'll lay out a trip in a few days,to see if anyone likes it. Open to input from anyone. We can tone down the hard trails and change to name...just need some Adventure......

Montazuma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hurricane,Utah
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ok,here is maybe an idea that appeals to multiple Adventurers. I'm thinking sometime in September.day 1, Start off in Hurricane,Utah at Sand Hollow OHV. Tons of trail options where each level of offroader could play there card. Spend a day then camp on the beach.day 2 head off road to toraweep overlook of the Grand Canyon then off road toward Mesquite,Nv. And camp at Logandale OHV. Day 3, trail ride in Am than hit pavement tru Valley of the Fire,cruise along lake Mead, tru Vegas, into Death Valley and camp. DAY 4, Spend day exploring north tru DV,hit hot Springs, camp at dunes on North End... Day 5 pavement again tru Bishop up 395 over to the Rubicon. Hopefully make it halfway a camp. If not camp along the way. Day 6 finish Rubicon then head to Fordyce trail. Day 7 finish Fordyce head home or keep playing , your call. As far as I'm concerned, people can come and go as they please. Should be a really fun trip.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Ok,here is maybe an idea that appeals to multiple Adventurers. I'm thinking sometime in September.day 1, Start off in Hurricane,Utah at Sand Hollow OHV. Tons of trail options where each level of offroader could play there card. Spend a day then camp on the beach.day 2 head off road to toraweep overlook of the Grand Canyon then off road toward Mesquite,Nv. And camp at Logandale OHV. Day 3, trail ride in Am than hit pavement tru Valley of the Fire,cruise along lake Mead, tru Vegas, into Death Valley and camp. DAY 4, Spend day exploring north tru DV,hit hot Springs, camp at dunes on North End... Day 5 pavement again tru Bishop up 395 over to the Rubicon. Hopefully make it halfway a camp. If not camp along the way. Day 6 finish Rubicon then head to Fordyce trail. Day 7 finish Fordyce head home or keep playing , your call. As far as I'm concerned, people can come and go as they please. Should be a really fun trip.
You know I'm in!!!! . Not sure if I'm prepared to run the Rubicon or Fordyce. Those 2 are the real deal. Will need to trim some fat off my Jeep that's for sure. Can you get me a spare parts list to start working on? Let's get this party started!!!

Reactions: Graeman

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
That'd be quite the trail to run. There's some of that I couldn't do. But there is plenty I can. I like the September time frame, even October is a good time to be in that part of the country. I'm listening and watching..lol

Reactions: Graeman