Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

20200620_072450.jpg

Hello! I bought this Kobalt 24v cordless fan for a jobsite from my local Lowes, but with the secondary purpose of use during camping. I actually find I use it all around the house because it is so convenient. I won't pretend it is a 20" corded box fan, but it moves a decent amount of air. I have been airing out closets, and placing it in windows on cool mornings to freshen things up a bit. The workspace in my garage gets quite hot in the afternoons due to the garage's orientation, but cracking the garage door and placing the fan between the crack and my bench works pretty well to keep me reasonably comfortable.

In recent assessments (some deliberate, and most accidental), I have found it will do about 6 hours on full power with a 4Ah battery. It is moving enough air that, IMO, it would be uncomfortable in anything smaller than a ~6-person tent. Sleeping in a RTT or a 4Runner, for example, more like 1/2 power is where I'd expect it to provide the most usable comfort. I sometimes I've been putting it at the foot of my kid's mostly-covered bed (i.e. light-blocking) during nap time for a little extra airflow. I accidentally left it in there on ~1\2 power for 19 hours until I remembered it this morning, and it had only used half of the 4AH battery!

I can only imagine the other convenient outdoors uses from quickly drying clothes on windless or cool days, to airing out showers, to stoking hot coals back into a fire.

I know most power tool companies make their own versions of fans like this, and there are also more compact 12v options. But, figured I'd share this discovery for thought!

Reactions: mep1811