Enthusiast I

Paradise, NV
First Name
Kenn
Last Name
Merrill
Member #

Good morning Overland Bound!
I am planning a trip to Coos Bay, Oregon and would appreciate suggestions for not to miss places to go, restaurants and local beer.
Thank you in advance.
Kenn

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Good morning Overland Bound!
I am planning a trip to Coos Bay, Oregon and would appreciate suggestions for not to miss places to go, restaurants and local beer.
Thank you in advance.
Kenn
Sharkbite's for great seafood. Across from the theater. What route are you taking?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

kennwood

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Paradise, NV
First Name
Kenn
Last Name
Merrill
Member #

Sharkbite's for great seafood. Across from the theater. What route are you taking?

We are taking the fastest route from Vegas to Monterey, 2 days at the aquarium, then Pacific Coast Highway from there to Coos Bay, staying at Sunset Bay State State Park. Will make sure we eat at Shark Bites while there.

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

We are taking the fastest route from Vegas to Monterey, 2 days at the aquarium, then Pacific Coast Highway from there to Coos Bay, staying at Sunset Bay State State Park. Will make sure we eat at Shark Bites while there.
Redfish in Port Orford is worth a stop for dinner. Cool gallery attached. Cape Blanco state park has some great views. Travel safe.

Bu3

Rank 0

Traveler I

Oregon
Have a safe trip up here. I live here in Coos Bay. Great campground you are going to. Gotta check out the tide pools right across from your campground. For a good lunch (more for beer) 7Devils is a must. Shark bites we go to often, like mentioned earlier, is really good and known for their fish taco's. Must see places I'd say drive the rest of the way out on shore acres. From Sunset beach all the way back has tons of hikes and great scenery. Let me know if I can help in any other way. If looking for some off-roads there are forest roads all over and I typically just get lost on them finding new places. Cheers!

Reactions: kennwood

kennwood

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Paradise, NV
First Name
Kenn
Last Name
Merrill
Member #

Thank you for the information. I will most definitely eat fish tacos at Shark Bites.