Converted Cargo Camper - Ideas for Finishing Curved Ceiling/Wall Transition?

• HTML tutorial

cascadiarunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mount Shasta, CA, USA
Member #

Recently picked up this converted 5x8 cargo trailer. It's absolutely perfect for my needs, however I would like to clean up some of the fit and finish. It has insulated walls and ceiling, but the curved transition area between them is unfinished. Does anyone have an idea for an easy way to cover that area? I don't have a lot of time for projects so simple is better. Ideally I'd like to keep the curve but could settle for an angled piece if need be.

Thanks!

Attachments

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I would get some Flexi Ply or Kerf cut some 1/2" birch ply and roll it in.

Reactions: Boort

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
Yes, it is a thing, and it wil lbe excellent for this application. Its hard to find though, but I am sure if you call around to your Wood suppliers, you will find it. You won't find it at HD or Lowes.

Reactions: cascadiarunner

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

You can take a 12" piece of wood and say a 2x4x12 and use the 12" leangh to trace the roof line to another piece wood. You are transferring the angle, so you have a pattern of the curved roof line. Look up scribing curves, you'll get the idea. once you have the roofline you can make spars and design the roof line you want square or angled by cutting the other side of the spar. it's how we do it on boats and such/

Last edited:
Reactions: cascadiarunner

cascadiarunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mount Shasta, CA, USA
Member #

It's really nice stuff, I think I'm going to buy another roll and cover the ceiling in it too, that way it will be a nice continuous curve. Hell I might end up covering the whole trailer in it!