Off-Road Ranger I
- 2,809
- First Name
- Dave
- Last Name
- Kaplan
- Member #
1028
- Ham/GMRS Callsign
- KG7IGY / WRTJ268
I have a Jackery Explorer 2000 V2 that I charge off my truck’s power when driving and solar when parked. The Jackery then runs my fridge, so when I stop for a hike or to explore the fridge still has power.
The problem is the Jackery only has USB and cigarette plug DC outputs, and the cigarette plug for the fridge keeps vibrating out of the Jackery.
I’d like to modify the Jackery DC out to be an Andersen plug; I can get an Andersen power cable for my fridge. Has anyone opened their Jackery or modded that DC output? I’m aware it’s full of screaming murderous pixies that will try to kill me if I screw it up, which is why I’m trying to see how hard it is to address just the deenergized low voltage part and not touch the “screaming death” bits.
The problem is the Jackery only has USB and cigarette plug DC outputs, and the cigarette plug for the fridge keeps vibrating out of the Jackery.
I’d like to modify the Jackery DC out to be an Andersen plug; I can get an Andersen power cable for my fridge. Has anyone opened their Jackery or modded that DC output? I’m aware it’s full of screaming murderous pixies that will try to kill me if I screw it up, which is why I’m trying to see how hard it is to address just the deenergized low voltage part and not touch the “screaming death” bits.