Continental Divide Trail

• HTML tutorial

Tudelum48

Rank I

Traveler I

Another reason we ran south to north was to give us a little time to get adjusted to the altitude. It's a gradual climb. I got altitude sickness once so I'm careful now.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kent R, you said your planning to run this in 2020? I would be interested in seeing some info on the Expidition Portal route or link to there trip. Like I said I've already got all our trip planned including mileage,fuel,hotels and side trips but I'm always interested in others routes.
I've ran this route before so a side excursion or a proven alternate route might be interesting. Even though at my age I'm good at forgetting stuff so this might be like a new trip for me. Lol
Hellbender my friends tell people I'm a GPS Track Whore. I keep all of them I can get. You were talking about a Key West to Canada route? I might be able to help you with quiet a bit of it. Send me a PM where I can get an email address from you and I'll see if I can find my route that runs from Florida to Canada and send it to you.
I miss typed it was The Adventure Portal TAP that did the divide. I will find the article and post it for you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Has anyone looked at the Hema Maps track of the continental divide trail? Just wondering if it is worth purchasing.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
There was a thread on here with the continental divide gps tracks.... is it gone? Or is it different?

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
@Kent R I can’t find that thread anywhere. I saved the track that was posted, but I do not know how to export it...

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I will look later.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Has anyone looked at the Hema Maps track of the continental divide trail? Just wondering if it is worth purchasing.
Ya get what ya pay for. I have it and modified it to my likings with the info I have of certain areas.
It is not challenging. Few two tracks at best.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ya get what ya pay for. I have it and modified it to my likings with the info I have of certain areas.
It is not challenging. Few two tracks at best.
When you pay the fee can you download tracks like the Divide as a KML or GPS file?

Reactions: Dakota Houligans

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
When you pay the fee can you download tracks like the Divide as a KML or GPS file?
That’s what I was told. I got mine before it was released for sale. Every paid track I’ve seen, is available in your choice of preferred file type.

Reactions: Kent R

Nedceifus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Metcalf
Interested in different routes. My cousin did the top 1/2 on his bike last year & plans to do the bottom 1/2 this year. I’m planning on running it with him in my 79 Bronco.

Tudelum48

Rank I

Traveler I

Well it looks like the CDR in Jeeps is getting closer to becoming a reality for me. Just picked up a 2004 Wrangler Rubicon. My wife and I kind of wanted a newer one but the other 2 that are planning on going are running an 02 and 03 Wrangler. We got an 04 so we car share parts for all jeeps. They are all Automatics so one starter and alternator will cover all. I've got a lot of work on prepping for the trip but looking forward to it. If your out there and see a Red a Maroon and Yellow TJ jeeps running south to north but sure to say hi.

Tudelum48

Rank I

Traveler I

When we ran it on motorcycles in 2014 we left Kentucky the last week of June, it will be around then. Were planning on taking our time. Long way to get there around Antilope Wells and along way back from Glacier NP. On motorcycles we were 21 days. We're figuring around 28 in jeeps with wife's doing a lot more looking.

Reactions: Laud

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
When we ran it on motorcycles in 2014 we left Kentucky the last week of June, it will be around then. Were planning on taking our time. Long way to get there around Antilope Wells and along way back from Glacier NP. On motorcycles we were 21 days. We're figuring around 28 in jeeps with wife's doing a lot more looking.
28 days round trip from Kentucky?