louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
another $15k in the latest and coolest isn't going to change anything in those last 4 photos.
excellent point!! kind of like fishing in a $60K bass boat and a guy pulls up at the dock with 5 times more fish in his little beat up $1200 jon boat.

Last edited:

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

This isn't what makes me content. Someone always has better "stuff". ALWAYS.

This is my contentment:

and this:

and these:

Water color in last photo hasn't been adjusted/enhanced. No one there, just the two of us.

Lots of folks have better stuff than us. But another $15k in the latest and coolest isn't going to change anything in those last 4 photos.
Beautiful pictures, Thank you for sharing.

I don’t know how people can afford new vehicles and put 20,000 dollars worth of stuff on their vehicles and get out.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Options, options, options. TOO MANY OPTIONS. That is our new world. It does make it difficult to be content with the things one has. A good solution is one that goes along with the upcoming holiday! To be thankful, to be grateful. Make a conscious thought about the gear and rig we DO have that allows us to seek adventure. Gratitude and thankfulness.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Options, options, options. TOO MANY OPTIONS. That is our new world. It does make it difficult to be content with the things one has. A good solution is one that goes along with the upcoming holiday! To be thankful, to be grateful. Make a conscious thought about the gear and rig we DO have that allows us to seek adventure. Gratitude and thankfulness.
Could that be another way of saying "thou shall not covet" ?

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Well said

mtnlove

Rank 0

Contributor I

On a Rocky Mountain High
First Name
First
Last Name
Last
The way I deal with discontent with my vehicles is to pay $2500 or less then sell it if I don't like it and buy something else. I'm settled in now with my '92 Cruiser and plan on hanging on to it for the long term. Prior to that, though, I owned about 16 cars in the last 5 years. It's been a lot of fun. Two 1st gen 4runners, 2 FJ60 cruisers, 2 second gen Monteros, an XJ Jeep, a 2nd gen Trooper, an '86 full size GMC Jimmy, and a few others. Great cars and fun experiences with them and have not spent over $2500 for anything and do not have more than $1000 in repairs between them all so it's been an inexpensive venture. Most folks I know have nice cars with hefty payments and I hear, "I couldn't drive the cars you do" quite often. Well I can't stomach a monthly payment that will get me out in the backcountry a ton for the same price. YMMV. Life is short. Say yes more to adventure and less to stuff. There is contentment to be found for sure.

My lady and I camped out in the bed in the back of my $2500 cruiser at 13k feet a few weekends ago. #contentment
IMG_9011.JPG