Console Vault Review

• HTML tutorial

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Vehicle is a 2016 4Runner TE

I realize that this is not in and of itself Overland equipment but it certainly would be useful for that purpose and it's useful day to day as well!

I read about these and decided to give one a shot. The first thing I noticed was the quality of the finish. When you pull this out of the box it looks like it could be OEM. It's as good if not better powder coat than anything I've ever seen. The steel they use is not flimsy and it is very robust. They use 12 gauge steel. The lock is reinforced and there is no wiggle room when locked. The door feels like it is a solid wall.

Install is easy. Simply unscrew two bolts in the console and then slide the console Vault in and use the extended bolts provided to secure it. That's it.

Now I realize that all locks can be picked and if someone wants what is in here bad enough they'll get it but I think it's very good smash and grab deterrent.

It's great for leaving certain items that are not allowed in an NFL game for instance. :D Also when camping it would be great for leaving wallet or any equipment you want additional security for!

Overall I love this and would highly recommend it to anyone that has a truck they make them for!

Mason

JLynnJohnston

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Member #

My lady got me one for Christmas! Just installed it in my '16 Colorado, and I love it so far!

You lose a little bit of convenient access in favor of a whole lot more security. It's fantastic, and super easy to install!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: mase001