Considering moving to Lewiston, Id thoughts?

• HTML tutorial

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Good Evening,

I was recently contacted by a recruiter about a position in Lewiston at St Josephs. I was wondering what y'alls thoughts on the area and/or the hospital system are.

I appreciate any and all feed back.

Cheers.

Reactions: OTH Overland

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Lewiston/Clarkston area is an acquired taste.. don't want to bad mouth it if there is members from there reading this. I've never lived there myself but lived and farmed 30mins north for about ten years so spent a decent amount of time there and have friends there. It's a smallish town and not a lot going on there, which is good or bad depending on what you're looking for. Has a couple rivers running through the area if you're into fishing or boating. Hot in the summer and grey and cold in the winter. Biggest cities near by would be Spokane/Coeur d'alene or the Tri Cities both of which are a couple hour drive away. Area around Lewiston is dry with mostly grass/sage and dryland farms but within an hour or so drive you can be in mountains. Don't know much about the hospital system there, my wife has a friend that has been a PA there for a long time and I believe her father was a DR there. My wife did some residencies there and liked it but that was 10+ years ago. My suggestion would be take a trip there for a few days to check it out before making any decision.

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
You're not allowed to leave NoCo. Who else would feed my addiction?

Reactions: shortbus4x4

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newman Lake, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

I have lived there. Not a favorite. Good restaurants but not a lot of anything else. Lewiston and Clarkston are side by side with the river between. My wife and I owned a home in Lenore ID and Lewiston was the big town. Anything else and you are headed to Spokane or TriCities. Awesome fishing and hunting in Idaho. Overlanding and camping will be great also. Housing is quite limited. The pulp mill makes the town smell and if you park outside, you will have pulp falling on your rig continuously. I grew up North of there and for work I have spent time in the area, the past few years. Bad area for drugs.

Kjard95

Rank V

Influencer III

Lewiston, ID, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Jardes
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Lewiston is most certainly an accuired taste. I moved here from Colorado Springs which is a hard act to follow. That being said, we have fallen in love with the region. It is a great jumpoff point for any adventure. I would highly recommend trying before buying, and if you do give me a shout and I will be happy to show you around. I'm not too privy on the hospital but when I visited for an injury they were quick and helpful. My fiance has some good connections in the community who could better answer that question. Oh, and the downtown region does smell like the mill but up on the hill it isn't noticable. The picture attached is 45 minutes outside of town.

Attachments

Reactions: Ebbs