Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I have noticed there are some gatherings and trips around the Boise area so I figured this would be a good place to ask like minded folks about a move to the area.
My wife and I are in our early 50's, she is retired and I work as an ICU RN, kids grown and gone and house has been paid off for years (no car payments either).
We have been in Phoenix for 30yrs and usually run away from the heat in the summers. However more and more there is talk of ground water issues so we figure get out in the next couple of years.

We are NOT heavy snow people, don't want too much rain and we have friends in the Pacific NW so we are looking at Boise.
Oh and we do a ton of travel and camping in a 4wd poptop van so we can handle bad weather if needed.

Our plan is to spend 3 weeks between Boise and Olympia this Feb so see what winter is like, get an AirBnB for a week in each and travel around.
All thoughts welcome, thanks in advance.

Reactions: Kent R

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Hello Lance,

Boise gets hot in the Summer, many days over 100 degrees, not Phoenix hot, but. We don't get a lot of snow on the Valley floor, however, the Mtn's are a different thing. There is a lot to do here, lots of Outside with no people. Truly a 4 season climate. Today - with some rain it only reach 61 degrees. The greater Treasure Valley has more than doubled in size since we moved here in 1992. Again, not the growth or traffic that the Phoenix valley has seen. Within a 3 hour drive from downtown - there are world class trout streams, white water rafting, small Mountain towns and lakes. McCall, and Sun Valley are close. Send me your physical mailing address to dcgibbs@yahoo.com and I'll send you a State Map. We do have some "hate new mover's" mostly way up north.
We love it here and aren't planning to relocate. The Mrs. & I are active in the Oregon, California Trail Assoc., and I am State VP of the Sons of the American Revolution.
Chat soon - David C. Gibbs

Reactions: Kent R