Rank III

Enthusiast III

chicago
First Name
adam
Last Name
adam
Member #

I have to cancel Moab ,,,,Again !! due to travel restriction (chicago) only Colorado are open for us , i need ideas of Hotel with balcony and off road trails for a week 22-29 august
thanx !!!!

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I have to cancel Moab ,,,,Again !! due to travel restriction (chicago) only Colorado are open for us , i need ideas of Hotel with balcony and off road trails for a week 22-29 august
thanx !!!!
@samuraj

I'm hearing a lot of chatter around here that Colorado is likely to be shutting down again. Keep a close eye on both state and county by county restrictions before you start your trip.

Boort

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
The Colorado Mountain Jam is during that time. It's more of a camping event, but you might consider hanging out with us at some point. The more active OBers will be there mainly the first weekend.

Check the link in my signature. If you don't see that, look under Rally Points, Rocky Mountain Region.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

I don't see them locking down again. Numbers are not out of line with the rest of the country. New Mexico is suffering their decisions right now. My plans are changed to 10 days during Sept/Oct. Creede - Camp Stony Pass - Ouray - Imogene/Engineer/Loop - Montrose - Camp Rim Rocker - ALBQ - Home.

Reactions: Boort

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I don't see them locking down again. Numbers are not out of line with the rest of the country. New Mexico is suffering their decisions right now. My plans are changed to 10 days during Sept/Oct. Creede - Camp Stony Pass - Ouray - Imogene/Engineer/Loop - Montrose - Camp Rim Rocker - ALBQ - Home.

I'm not sure if you meant that schedule literally, but I'd recommend you do the Alpine Loop after Stony and before Ouray.

Also, from Animas Forks consider taking California/Hurricane/Corkscrew over to 550. It's a beautiful and fun trip with a lot of camping near Ironton on that end.

samuraj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

chicago
First Name
adam
Last Name
adam
Member #

I see....:disappointed:
where ever I go , I need to "self" quarantine for 14 days after returning .Colorado is my last resort ,still have to drive thru Iowa and Nebraska under 24 hours .
we have flexible vacation time , so ...maybe it is good choice to wait ?

• Sad
Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I see....:disappointed:
where ever I go , I need to "self" quarantine for 14 days after returning .Colorado is my last resort ,still have to drive thru Iowa and Nebraska under 24 hours .
we have flexible vacation time , so ...maybe it is good choice to wait ?

I know how you feel. So far this year due to the pandemic I've lost:
  • 2 week Alaska trip to photograph animals, aurora, Nightscapes and landscapes (bucket list trip with my father)
  • 2+ week Seattle/BC overland trip to photograph Wild Osprey and Eagles with my friend, father, and a Pro my friend knows who was willing to show us the ropes.
  • Many weeks of pay due to furlough where I could not safely enjoy the nearby locales because the risk was too great to those I love if I brought it home.
Some highlevel info about traveling to CO right now.

Be sure to look up the numbers (for whatever they are worth anymore) for the areas you'll be passing through. Last I looked the re-transmission rate for COVID-19 in IL, IA, NB, and CO were all above 1. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus is spreading quickly in that area. Confirmed cases in all 4 states have been trending up over the last month.

Boort