DeSoto County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
We are planning a Colorado trip for July 18 through the 31st. Plan is to meet in Trinidad and run several trails while heading in a general direction of Moab. The goal of this is to sight see and hopefully unplug and enjoy everything nature and the people who go have to offer. This will be my 6th year leading a trip like this and I always offer for anyone to join in. Right now I have 2 other rigs confirmed to go and would love more. If anyone is interested in tagging along let me know. It’s always a great experience.

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R

Hyland33

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Leicester, MA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Hyland
Member #

Are you planning on hitting the Ouray/Telluride area at all? I'd like to get out to Colorado this year and it would be nice to hop in with people that have gone before.

Medcomm

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

College Station, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Dang! We'll miss you by a month! Us and a small group will be heading up to Colorado August 22nd - August 29th. Part of the group will be heading back to Texas August 29th and part of us out to Moab, the Grand Canyon, and then Sedona. We'll be heading back to Texas September 6th.

ovrlnd_escape

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Are you planning on hitting the Ouray/Telluride area at all? I'd like to get out to Colorado this year and it would be nice to hop in with people that have gone before.
Yes, we are planning on hitting both again this year. We like to basically set up a base camp in Ouray and then explore the area during the day and return to a camp spot for the evening. It makes for a great time for sure. And you are more than welcome to come with us. The more the merrier!!

ovrlnd_escape

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Dang! We'll miss you by a month! Us and a small group will be heading up to Colorado August 22nd - August 29th. Part of the group will be heading back to Texas August 29th and part of us out to Moab, the Grand Canyon, and then Sedona. We'll be heading back to Texas September 6th.
Just come on up from Texas and join us for a week, then head back to recoup before your trip. You could call it the MOST EPIC ROAD TRIP!!!

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

We are planning a Colorado trip for July 18 through the 31st. Plan is to meet in Trinidad and run several trails while heading in a general direction of Moab. The goal of this is to sight see and hopefully unplug and enjoy everything nature and the people who go have to offer. This will be my 6th year leading a trip like this and I always offer for anyone to join in. Right now I have 2 other rigs confirmed to go and would love more. If anyone is interested in tagging along let me know. It’s always a great experience.
Hi Matt,
This might be a bit out of your planned router but we got a regional trip planned if you want to check it out.

ovrlnd_escape

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Right now we are counting down the days to the trip, my kids are already getting amped up and ready to explore. This trip we take every year to explore new places and revisit some old ones really is a stress killer! When we get to explore like this I forget work and anything else that I may be carrying around, it always feels like the ultimate reset button for me and my wife and kids. It's this kind of disconnect from the world at home that makes the trip so much fun and memorable. I think at times we all need this, so for anyone reading this, please keep exploring and when you can, disconnect from all things that weigh us down in our daily lives, hug and love on all your friends and loved ones and take it all in. And to anyone who wants to explore, but unsure where to start, contact me and ill help you map something out or offer a good way to get started. Or just come with us, we always enjoy making new friends that become family!

Hyland33

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Leicester, MA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Hyland
Member #

Yes, we are planning on hitting both again this year. We like to basically set up a base camp in Ouray and then explore the area during the day and return to a camp spot for the evening. It makes for a great time for sure. And you are more than welcome to come with us. The more the merrier!!
I’ll definitely keep in touch. I have a friend out there now that might be making another trip next month but if he doesn’t I’ll probably tag along.

Reactions: Medcomm

ovrlnd_escape

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
I’ll definitely keep in touch. I have a friend out there now that might be making another trip next month but if he doesn’t I’ll probably tag along.
Let’s do that for sure. Last year we had a blast and so far this year it’s just our rig and my buddy going. Had one back out yesterday but still plan on having a great trip. We would like to base camp in Ouray for a few days to really explore the area again.

Reactions: Hyland33