Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCarley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFX362
Looks like we are heading to Denver April 9 to 14. We have the ability to rent an equipped FJC while we are there. From what I'm seeing the scenic roads in RMNF are closed until summer. AS much as I would love to head south for the awesome trails, I know they are all closed. We did find that Morraine campground in RMNF is open on a first come first serve basis during the winter. We will have a limited time and would like to explore as much as we can while we are there. Any advice on where to go, what to see, where we can get off road is much appreciated. Thanks so much, Kevin

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

HuddExpo

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado Springs, CO
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0PSF
There is a fair bit of snow just about everywhere in the mountains. There are still plenty of dirt roads to explore, it may just take a bit more research. There are even some paved "off the beaten path" routes you could drive that are very scenic if the weather really turns south. The beginning of April is usually pretty nice, but it can also change in a heartbeat. IMHO it's still worth the trip into RMNP even if some of it is closed. Estes Park is a great little town to visit too.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Ldstruckn

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Ivins, Utah, United States
First Name
joseph
Last Name
johnson
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Unless things loosen up quickly, I would plan on postponing your trip till late fall or next year.