CG Sahara

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dickson, TN
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Grimes
Hi! I have been planning a trip to Colorado to travel through Hagermans Pass, Independence Pass and several other back roads. I am getting conflicting information regarding what's open. I'll be traveling from September 25 through October 7. Is there anyone in the area that can get me some local info?

Thanks!

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Those passes usually stay open till early Nov. I was on Hangerman a few years ago in Aug and had 4” of snow. This time of year it can be spotty. Have a backup plan.

We’ll be in the area around the same time.

Todd

CG Sahara

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dickson, TN
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Grimes
Those passes usually stay open till early Nov. I was on Hangerman a few years ago in Aug and had 4” of snow. This time of year it can be spotty. Have a backup plan.

We’ll be in the area around the same time.

Todd
Thanks! I spoke with Lake County Road and bridge yesterday. I was told there was a summer snow that closed it but should be open now. Asked that I stop by and verify before going. Plan to overnight on Hagermans to do some Astro photography. I was on the pass this time of year in 2014 and it was great...hoping for the Same. Stop and say hey 2018 Sahara JLU black on black hardtop says Pops Toy on back glass and has thin blue line American Flag plate on front. I'll be by myself with my camera gear.

CG Sahara

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dickson, TN
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Grimes
BTW I'll be wandering around the Rockies for about 7 days. I'll be carring handheld CB Monitoring Channel 6. I know not much range in the mountains. Just a pre-caution...along with built-in GPS Windshield mount GPS and handheld Garmin. Also Colorado trails maps.....wife afraid I might get lost:grinning: 58 it's a bucket list thing for me. Hope to see you out and about.

kilby

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rox Park Colorado
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Kilby
Member #

Use this site for real-time road condition updates:

You can see individual conditions on roads, traffic cameras, snowplow activity, closures, etc. Its invaluable for us here in the winter (and spring/fall). It works great on your phone, too.