Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I am trying to get my rig ready for the summer. I would like to put something together as a weekend trip. (Friday night/Saturday night) Once my rig is road worthy. I was thinking Four Mile area near Buena Vista. That area would be a great location to put together something early in the season. Also would be a great starting point for a multi-day Overland trip in the area. there are plenty of trails to take over mountain passes, Like from St. Elmo via Tincuo pass and also Hancock Pass and much more. Would make for a fun time. (dispersed camping along the way). They won't be open until late June/early July.
You can forget TinCup for this year according to the Forrest Service. The have had severe avalanche damage and a good portion of the road has been damaged. Last report I got, they thought it would be hard to even get to the damage due to the amount of snow, much less be able to get it fixed this year.

One of my other favorites, Tomache, is also closed due to a slide and its prognosis is not good.

Nate Romero

Rank IV

Influencer II

Hey Fellas, are there any trips planned for the near future? Last we talked we were hoping for a June/July trip. I'd love to help in any way I can to set something up. I'm not familiar with CO so I don't really know where to go, but still happy to help. I look forward to meeting up again and getting out there!
I am down for a day trip or overnight. Also check out a new app called COTREX. It was put out by state of Colorado for all state and federal land use for everything from hiking to 4x4 trails

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

Excellent. I missed the rigs and coffee last month. Looking forward to meeting some fellow OBers.

Charles Drives Things

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Townsend
Member #

I am down for a day trip or overnight. Also check out a new app called COTREX. It was put out by state of Colorado for all state and federal land use for everything from hiking to 4x4 trails
Thanks Nate, I just downloaded it, I'll take a look. Also, If you're interested in the 4 mile area trip, here's the link.
Hope it works!

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Cgtowns01
Hey Fellas, are there any trips planned for the near future? Last we talked we were hoping for a June/July trip. I'd love to help in any way I can to set something up. I'm not familiar with CO so I don't really know where to go, but still happy to help. I look forward to meeting up again and getting out there!
There is one this weekend meeting up in South Central Utah : Camping and Exploring Capitol Reef NP - Utah - Look for OB Flag off Notam-Bulldog road
If you can bug out today you can still make it. Should be an awesome trail ride and campout, Did a very similar trip 2 years ago over Memorial Day weekend and had a great time.

Another is coming together for later in June for the Front Range: Colorado Front Range Camp out Meetup

You can check for other rides, rallys, and campouts for the region under the Rally Point tab for the Rocky Mtn. Region --- Events Archive - Overland Bound

Regards,
Boort