US Rocky Mountain Colorado - Quartz Creek Valley, Tin Cup, and Aspen trip, late June.

• HTML tutorial

Rayford94

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Meridian, MS, USA
Member #

I’m planning 7-10 days off from work in late June this year to an overlanding trip from
Denver through Aspen and then South through the mountains. Hoping to get into New Mexico as well. Highlights include Tin Cup pass, Cumberland Pass, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, and Great Sand Dunes. This is an open invitation to anyone who thinks they may want to join. (I may be originating from either Mississippi or West Texas if anyone would like to join on those legs as well)

Reactions: JungleSkunk

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

I’m planning 7-10 days off from work in late June this year to an overlanding trip from
Denver through Aspen and then South through the mountains. Hoping to get into New Mexico as well. Highlights include Tin Cup pass, Cumberland Pass, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, and Great Sand Dunes. This is an open invitation to anyone who thinks they may want to join. (I may be originating from either Mississippi or West Texas if anyone would like to join on those legs as well)
We are WELL over our average annual snowpack right now. Those passes will not be open in late June.

Reactions: JungleSkunk

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I live in the Western slope area and I-70 corridor if you happen to make it up this way. We do have an above average snow pack but it is still a little early to call those passes closed at that time. There are plenty of trails that will be open so dont rule the trip out completely! I work in aspen most of the summer and get to explore a lot of the trails on the western slope.

Tin cup is known to hold snow even into july on heavy snow years. Parts of Black canyon (the south rim) and places out towards Gunnison and Montrose have a lot of trails especially towards the Gunnison Gorge, Uncompagre plateau, and Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation areas that will be open if you avoid any high passes and stay in lower elevations.

If you do make it over this way at any point I would love to tag along on some of the local trails!

Reactions: Ram12 and Rayford94