COLORADO: Miner's Loop & More

• HTML tutorial

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

We just did my version of (The Colorado Minors Loop) I call it my version because I wanted to include Mnt. Antero where there is currently rugged individuals scurrying about their claims mining for their own big finds. I want to thank everyone who attended this event and made it truly a grand experience for me! I hope everyone had as good of time as I did.

6 of us meet for our first day of exploring at the trailhead of Mnt Antero on Thursday August 5th. We went up the trail where it forks off (left Mnt Antero-right Baldwin Lakes) set claim to a campsite (where Dave would later meet-up with us) We set-of to explore up to the trail. This trail pushes the boundaries of comfort level for anyone new to shelf- roads and steep switch backs and also extreme altitude (God knows I was feeling it!). So some stayed back while a few of us ascended to the very top of where the trail ends. Afterwards we returned back down to ccamp. It was enough exploring for all the traveling we did in one day, but believe me we left a lot unexplored for this part of the trail system (Mnt Antero and Hancock Pass both could have warranted and extra day). But for another day!

Day 2 we set off for Tin-Cup pass. To be totally honest I wasn't looking forward to doing this trail as I have done this trail several times in the past. But to my surprise I think it was the highlight of my trip. Rick lead our group up the trail (Thanks!) and I got to enjoy the trail with some surprises a long the way. First time I have ever seen a not one but two Bull Moose.. there is something about seeing something like that in their own habitat that I enjoy most. (Not so much the idiot who had to get out of their vehicle and stock them to with in 50 ft. ????) But none the less still was special beyond belief for me! We made our way down to the end of the trail. Neal took over as lead so as we could get to our next campsite. (Which was truly spectacular in my opinion).

The following day we made our way through Cumberland Pass to Hancock pass. Neal lead us through this trail. (Which was everyone's including my first time). Turned out to be much more difficult then expected, but everyone made it through unscathed. This trail took its toll on I think all of us. So we definitely left a lot unexplored. I was plannin on taking the full day and exploring every nook and cranny of this trail system and spend the next evening camping and return home Sunday. But like I said the trail was much more difficult then expected.

We all decided to forgo camping a third evening and headed home. (I have some life changing things going on and wanted to get home to mama bear which weren't in the cards when this was planned). I hope everyone understands?

I am not much for taking a lot of pictures to share as I like to internalize things as much as possible. But I would like to invite our group to take the time to share their thoughts and if someone would start a Google photo album and links to videos and the such in this thread I would greatly appreciate it.

I want to gives special thanks to Neal for facilitating the Rally Point and taking the time to come along on our journey. And also to everyone for the ups and downs we had. I will cherish our time together this weekend! Thanks all!!!! Sincerely, David &Sammie too.

Last edited:

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

The trailhead to Williams pass was actually blocked for us coming from the west side off alpine tunnel west