US Rocky Mountain Colorado Front Range Camp out Meetup

• HTML tutorial

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I asked because there is one spot that might concern you getting to the proposed camping spot. However, there are multitudes of camping spots. When @JDGreens and I get there on Thursday we'll try to be mindful of the situation. Also, there are enough folks RSVPing that we might need a bigger site anyway. Good problem!

I will also have a canine companion.
There will be spots that I feel might give a rv trailer issues. This video is done of the accrual trail leading to the camp if I am correct?? not really bad , with a off road trailer no problem.

Reactions: Newhere

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
There will be spots that I feel might give a rv trailer issues. This video is done of the accrual trail leading to the camp if I am correct?? not really bad , with a off road trailer no problem.
That does not look like the trail to the camping spot that I suggested. I called it "Cottonwood Camp" on iOverlander simply because one of the forest service guys at the 14er event called it that. I'm not sure it's any official name. The road leading in has just one dip that could be a problem for her if I recall correctly. There are multitudes of camping spots out there one of which could accommodate a couple of fifth wheel campers not all that far away.

As you've probably seen she's willing to drop her little Airstream in Salida if need be, but I'm hoping it won't be necessary. Being brand new to OB, I was hoping to accommodate her.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Yeah when we went down there and ran a few of the trail/roads it was during hunting season just before they close part of the area off for the winter and there was plenty of camp trailers rv's and fifth wheels parked along the trails.

Is that the trailer? If it is it should be fine.

TailsofWanderlust

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

USA
First Name
Cass
Last Name
Beach
Member #

Yeah when we went down there and ran a few of the trail/roads it was during hunting season just before they close part of the area off for the winter and there was plenty of camp trailers rv's and fifth wheels parked along the trails.

Is that the trailer? If it is it should be fine.
Yup that’s the trailer. I really appreciate you guys trying to be so flexible! I live in that trailer so it’s always with me. But I do have the option to leave in Salida with friends. So when you guys find a spot big enough for all of us we can determine then and I’m fine either way. Thank you all!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Yup that’s the trailer. I really appreciate you guys trying to be so flexible! I live in that trailer so it’s always with me. But I do have the option to leave in Salida with friends. So when you guys find a spot big enough for all of us we can determine then and I’m fine either way. Thank you all!
I really think that you will not have any problem getting into camp with that trailer. I wish I had my trailer finished, just to much to do. I am so looking forward to this trip. Wish we planned this before my wife had to select her vacations so she could attend this. Cause this area is perfect for her, the kind of trails she doesn't mind going on.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I'm tagging along with a couple of guys who are running Chinamins gulch on Thursday. After the run I am going to check out the campsite in my pick-up truck.

I have tried several to edit our rally point several time because we (Neal and I) were thinking it might be better to allow a few more in case some have to cancel? I think I will see if support can help me figure out why I can't get back in to edit this rally point. I'm pretty sure we could find more room. In fact I have a map of the area and the are some campsites that are not far from each other. (which I will also visit). Thanks guys-n-gals

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I went ahead and un-RSVPed (still going) for this to allow for one more. Just in case we have any cancellations we will still have aprox. 10 rigs, if we end up with 12-13 I think we should be fine. I also am trying to change our RSVP limit to 15 but have had no luck so far. Thanks for your patiance.

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Huelsman
I’d love to go. Been in CO 2yrs and yet to get out and play in the mountains or meet other offroad enthusiasts and/or jeep people. Just picked up a new offroad camper trailer and would be towing with a new GC trailhawk on ko2 tires. Id love to bring my LJ to wheel but cant tow it and the camper at the same time behind my truck.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I'm tagging along with a couple of guys who are running Chinamins gulch on Thursday. After the run I am going to check out the campsite in my pick-up truck.

I have tried several to edit our rally point several time because we (Neal and I) were thinking it might be better to allow a few more in case some have to cancel? I think I will see if support can help me figure out why I can't get back in to edit this rally point. I'm pretty sure we could find more room. In fact I have a map of the area and the are some campsites that are not far from each other. (which I will also visit). Thanks guys-n-gals
I've only ever come into the site from what I remember to be the north. There is one deep dip in the road that won't give trucks any trouble assuming it's dry, but could give low clearance trailers a problem. I haven't looked at the map to see if it's feasible to come from the other direction.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I’d love to go. Been in CO 2yrs and yet to get out and play in the mountains or meet other offroad enthusiasts and/or jeep people. Just picked up a new offroad camper trailer and would be towing with a new GC trailhawk on ko2 tires. Id love to bring my LJ to wheel but cant tow it and the camper at the same time behind my truck.
Glad you will be able to make it. I am looking forward to meeting you. You Trailhawk will do fine on the easy to intermediate trails in the area.
Qoute; IvouId love to bring my LJ to wheel but cant tow it and the camper at the same time behind my truck.
I have an Xj that is mildly built. I am trying to keep it that way so that I can tow a trailer that I am building for overlanding and just plan traveling the country with any other vehicle I have. But it will be unique to my rig. It is a work in progress that take a back seat to everything in my life right now. But some day!

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
We hope you can make. Please RSVP if so!

Eckroll

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dalton, NE, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Eckhardt
Member #

Hey guys super excited to meet everyone. I'm planning to bring my whole family in the Burb. Sounds like a great time!

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Cool to see someone organize a trip. I may be able to go. Is it more than just two days?
A few of us are going on Thursday afternoon to secure a base camp and report it back to the group. We list Sunday as the end date. I imagine others will trickle in at any point in between. Feel free to do the same.

We hope to see you there! Please RSVP if possible!

Reactions: JDGreens

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
I'd like to, but only have that Thursday/Friday off...probably have to go some other time.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I'd like to, but only have that Thursday/Friday off...probably have to go some other time.
A few of us will be going up Thursday if you'd like to come for those two days....