Rank III

Enthusiast II

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

50oz GSI French Press. It usually makes more coffee than I can drink. I guess I need to camp with more coffee drinkers. Nice thing about this one is you can store the GSI mug and the coffee you're fixing nested inside saving a little room.

Attachments

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Just got a 35 oz french press, strictly for camping...just as good as anything I have at home :D

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Lol the new ones just aren't the same
Amen, that is why I can’t replace my 80’s Coleman stove, I had an even older one until I went into the Army in 1977 and it grew legs and walked away while I was gone.

As for coffee, I have been a BUNN user for many many years, it makes coffee in a flash but recently I bought a Ovrlndr French Press from the OB store and it makes a good cup of coffee and I will be taking it along on some trips to see how it works out, I do agree about the cleanup taking quite a lot of water

Reactions: Trail_pilot

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I only drink Coca-Cola that's it nothing else way to much Coke! Pop can pour down throat simple and easy LOL.
yeah, i drink whatever has sugar and caffeine in it. back in the 80s i drank Jolt cola when it came out because it boasted "all the sugar and twice the caffeine" as coke. i hadn't seen it for a long time and last year i saw some at a dollar General in arkansas, so i loaded up.
might sound weird, but i have put instant coffee in cola and got a nice caffeine boosted cola/coffee.
i do press and cowboy coffee a lot camping and ALWAYS take instant to mix in with a cola or mix with hot chocolate or when i really need a fix, i will dip coffee like it was Skoal.
there is no "perfect" coffee set up....just whatever gets the caffeine moving from the product to coursing thru my veins as fast and easy as possible...:grinning:

1609688268574.png1609688314988.png

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I love my coffee, or as we call it where I am from Swedish Gasoline!

I use a simple pour over set up for my coffee.

What do you use?
I'm looking forward to using my new Coffee Press/Overland Bound Bundle on my first winter camping trip in a few weeks.

U

UgotWheelz

yeah, i drink whatever has sugar and caffeine in it. back in the 80s i drank Jolt cola when it came out because it boasted "all the sugar and twice the caffeine" as coke. i hadn't seen it for a long time and last year i saw some at a dollar General in arkansas, so i loaded up.
might sound weird, but i have put instant coffee in cola and got a nice caffeine boosted cola/coffee.
i do press and cowboy coffee a lot camping and ALWAYS take instant to mix in with a cola or mix with hot chocolate or when i really need a fix, i will dip coffee like it was Skoal.
there is no "perfect" coffee set up....just whatever gets the caffeine moving from the product to coursing thru my veins as fast and easy as possible...:grinning:

View attachment 182140View attachment 182141
Yeppers me too Jolt!

Reactions: grubworm

Enthusiast III

South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
Usually my coffee is green and cold in the form of Mt Dew...lol. But when camping I do enjoy a nice warm cup of coffee in the mornings and I make it old world style....percolator over a fire.

Reactions: Trail_pilot