Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Man the 496 I thought I was having gas issues with my 454 lol. I love suburbans they are perfect for this! Doing some more work to ours hopefully get some more trips in this summer.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
It's really no worse than the 454 on gas. The thing I like most about it is the torque. Our driveway is a 19% grade mile and gravel. Going up the driveway I never go over 1500rpm. It's rated to pull 12,000 pounds and I know I have pulled a lot more than that. We pulled a 30+ foot trailer with 2 bobcats with buckets and 2 backhoe attachments as well as a spare track for a John Deere 450 dozer. It did great.

Reactions: War machine

War machine

Rank II

Advocate I

It's really no worse than the 454 on gas. The thing I like most about it is the torque. Our driveway is a 19% grade mile and gravel. Going up the driveway I never go over 1500rpm. It's rated to pull 12,000 pounds and I know I have pulled a lot more than that. We pulled a 30+ foot trailer with 2 bobcats with buckets and 2 backhoe attachments as well as a spare track for a John Deere 450 dozer. It did great.
That's impressive for sure I was just asked last night what my towing rate was to be honest don't have any idea lol I've never pulled my than a couple dirt bikes lol

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Old Griz

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Im hoping to get out to that area this spring as soon as the snow melts off. I used to spend a lot of time up there when I had a dual sport motorcycle. I love it up there, its only 40min. drive from my house and feels like another world...

Reactions: chuckoverland

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Has anyone gone across Christmas pass from the Avery side?
I want to drive across to see where the two guys were stranded this winter.
Bill #9810