Coast to Coast, getting ready.

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

First Name
leroy
Last Name
Cordova
I've never before posted something like this and I'm excited to become a contributing member to this board which I so much enjoy. I have finalized negotiations with a forum member and will be purchasing his 2018 Landcruiser 200 Series. Super nice gentleman and I'm honored to be purchasing his vehicle. On the 19th of November, this month, I will be traveling from Ft. Lauderdale to Eugene, OR to retrieve my new chariot. For anyone that knows me, I have always been fascinated with all things LC. I have owned several and still do. I purchased my very first LC when I was 18 yrs old, it was a 1973 FJ40. Since purchasing that very first LC I have always been fond of the FJ45 above most others. While I have owned many the FJ80 and the FJ45 vehicles have been my favorites. I recently built my own off road camp trailer and enjoy climate control and standing height. There isn't much I enjoy more than spending time outdoors cooking with friends and seeing new places. Earlier this year (3) friends and myself completed the Georgia Traverse over the course of (8) days and had an absolute blast. So many awesome waterfalls, lakes and isolated camping spots, it was truly awesome. As I prepare to finish out my 45th year of life I think it's time to celebrate my hobby in a bit more comfort. I have never minded epic journeys in a leaf sprung Hilux or LC but the type of travelling I enjoy now does not typically require such a rugged vehicle. Trey mtn. was conquered in a 1983 Hilux on 31" tires, open diffs and no winch. Never needed a pull and never skipped a beat. So it is with great excitement that I begin my Coast to Coast journey in my new 200 Series LC. At this point I will attach pictures of my LC vehicles and when I shake hands with the gentleman passing the baton I will begin a photo contribution to this thread. If there is anyone along the way that wants to meet up for a meal or a bit of off-road please message me. The plan is for my wife and I to pick up the new 200 on the 19th at around noon and head west to the coast where we will take some pictures and grab the 101 S. to Florence. The Redwoods, Santa Cruz, Monterey/Carmel, Big Sur, San luis Obispo, Pismo, Avilla etc. Somewhere above LA we will head east to Las Vegas and then on to Sedona where we plan to spend a couple days doing Schnebly Hill and Oak Creek canyon. 89A to Flagstaff and on to Santa Fe, NM. When we reach Santa Fe we will move east and fill in our trip based on weather. Because we are flying to Eugene we won't be able to pack a lot of camping gear so we may purchase some along the way? If anyone has some gear for sale along the mentioned route Please chime in. If anyone has a couple clean used sleeping bags that they would like to donate I'd be happy to gift them to a traveler in need upon the completion of this trip. This goes for any camping goodies that may be useful and that are currently collecting dust because they have been replaced. I have traveled a lot and typically need very little so I think it might be kinda cool to have a page where travelers can replace damaged goods along their journey and in kind gift them to another traveler when their journey is complete. Any must sees along the route mentioned are welcome and if anyone wants to meet for beers or dinner please contribute. No real plans and 15 days to do this trip, I do hope to meet some new friends along the way, L.

Attachments