Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Alexander
Member #

I'm looking to plan a trip out west from 26 December to 04 January to visit some family near northern Colorado and wanted to seize the opportunity to explore the nearby area. Understanding that winter season is in full effect, where are some ares still open to do some easy to moderate vehicle travel and camp with RTTs? In addition, anybody got any good ideas of where to spend New Years out near any of the states listed in the title?

Any and all recommendations are most appreciated. If there's anybody out and about in that area during this time, I'd love to link up with you and explore!

KTM_OPEN

Rank 0

Traveler I

Well it depends on how long you want to spen in Utah. I can give you a brief rundown on snow here.
Salt lake has a few inches of snow, so anywhere higher than 5000 feet and up and especially the north half of the state will have snow. ( the mountains have 1-3 feet so far)
So a few places in the south you should be safe this time of year are:
Escalante
St George
Moab
San Rafael swell
4 corners
North rim of grand canyon closer to the st George side.
Sedona AZ

If any of these places interest you I can give you some ideas and things to do or see in that area.

I’m planning a trip to San Rafael the week after Christmas. I can’t wait to. Go!

Hope you enjoy your trip!!!

Green Boot Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Alexander
Member #

Well it depends on how long you want to spen in Utah. I can give you a brief rundown on snow here.
Salt lake has a few inches of snow, so anywhere higher than 5000 feet and up and especially the north half of the state will have snow. ( the mountains have 1-3 feet so far)
So a few places in the south you should be safe this time of year are:
Escalante
St George
Moab
San Rafael swell
4 corners
North rim of grand canyon closer to the st George side.
Sedona AZ

If any of these places interest you I can give you some ideas and things to do or see in that area.

I’m planning a trip to San Rafael the week after Christmas. I can’t wait to. Go!

Hope you enjoy your trip!!!
Thanks for all of your recommendations! I'm choosing to stay south and travel from western Colorado to Moab taking the Rimrocker Trail. Incredibly pumped for this trip to happen and can't wait for the views.

Reactions: Boort

Harry Centeno

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Colorado
I recently moved to Colorado from Clarksville, we are currently on a trip and currently in Moab and have been here for 2 days now prior to here we spent time in Grand Junction and it was pretty nice. Tomorrow we head to Monument, and then Grand Canyon National park. A lot of great options out here, good luck!

Green Boot Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Alexander
Member #

I recently moved to Colorado from Clarksville, we are currently on a trip and currently in Moab and have been here for 2 days now prior to here we spent time in Grand Junction and it was pretty nice. Tomorrow we head to Monument, and then Grand Canyon National park. A lot of great options out here, good luck!
How’s the weather holding up in Moab? I’m planning on coming in from the east using the Rimrocker Trail and I hear there’s some snow on that trail.

Harry Centeno

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Colorado
How’s the weather holding up in Moab? I’m planning on coming in from the east using the Rimrocker Trail and I hear there’s some snow on that trail.
Don’t know if you made it yet but there was minimal snow..some in the shaded areas but for the most part pretty clearIMG_2765.JPGIMG_2786.JPG