Rank V

Enthusiast III

Canandaigua, NY, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larkin
Member #

I sent a DM to TOY4RUNR as well. Perhaps we can persuade him to join and you can both head that way together. I hope so. It's just a bit further for him, but I don't think he'll regret it, and it would be a good chance to actually meet each other prior to bigger adventures later. We'll see.

I ground tent as well. I was hoping to test some snow gear this weekend - but the forecast warmed up and turned to mostly rain instead. I'll adjust accordingly.

I'm in! I cant stay long on Sunday, but I'm in for camping in Oneida, after the meetup.

Reactions: jordan04gx

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
I'm in! I cant stay long on Sunday, but I'm in for camping in Oneida, after the meetup.
Nice!

I'll keep an eye on this thread. And will provide specific location details via DM.
I'm also still trying to see if there is any way I can meet you guys in Tully or as you go into Morgan Hill - but just for the drive - not the breakfast. Coordinating that might be more trouble than its worth. Unless you can narrow in on a specific exit time from the cafe or an entry time for Morgan Hill (then I could join up at a coordinated position).

TOY4RNR

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Canandaigua, NY, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larkin
Member #

Lets plan on departing the Café no later than 9:30.

If history repeats itself, we usually just end up standing around in the parking lot. :)

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Thinking about joining, Camping overnight would be coming up from Columbus, Ohio
I have one more slot available for camping. The site is near Verona, NY and convenient for getting right back on 90 W to head home. There will be 3 others - including myself. Needs to be firm though, can't hold it for a "maybe", so let me know.

totalnobody

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, Ohio
Member #

I have one more slot available for camping. The site is near Verona, NY and convenient for getting right back on 90 W to head home. There will be 3 others - including myself. Needs to be firm though, can't hold it for a "maybe", so let me know.
Thanks for the heads up!
I am a solid maybe
please do not hold,
keep available for someone
camping/not camping is no issue

TOY4RNR

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Canandaigua, NY, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larkin
Member #

Hi Everyone. I am looking forward to Saturday!
We will begin by meeting at The Elm Street Cafe. From there the day is split up into three sections, first Morgan Hill State Forest, then Taylor Valley State Forest and finally Linklaen State Forest.
Feel free to do as much or as little as you would like. Sounds like the roads in these state forest are well kept and easily doable in a stock vehicle.
This area is new to me. We will explore any unpaved roads in the area, and mark any campsites for future trips.
The dog and I will return to one of the campsites and stay for the night. Anyone interested is welcome to join.

GRMS Channel 15. I have a couple extra radios, if anyone needs one.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 217870

Thanks for coming out today everyone! 6 Rig, 9 People. Not a bad turn out at all! Fun Day.

We will plan another soon!

Not a bad turnout for Up State NY in the middle of winter. Great job!

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

Hello to Upstate New York overlanders.

I'm based in southeasten Pennsylvania. Next week, on June 30th, I am serving a Binghampton NY client for one day with a few free days afterwards. Can anyone share upstate NY overlanding trails, campgrounds or fun locations? My rig can handle most trails. Or maybe you can share an online resource which I can investigate further.

In the past, I have driven through the Finger Lakes region - I love upstate New York. Don't mind driving 200 miles for a fun destination. Looking forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disco Patrol

danielserrao4

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast III

Cortland, Cortland County, New York, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Serrao
Member #

Hello to Upstate New York overlanders.

I'm based in southeasten Pennsylvania. Next week, on June 30th, I am serving a Binghampton NY client for one day with a few free days afterwards. Can anyone share upstate NY overlanding trails, campgrounds or fun locations? My riag can handle most trails. Or maybe you can share an online resource which I can investigate further.

In the past, I have driven through the Finger Lakes region - I love upstate New York. Don't mind driving 200 miles for a fun destination. Looking forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions. Thank you.
42.4399, -76.7932 Here's coordinates for a spot I overnighted last fall. It's in the Finger Lakes National Forest. Dispersed camping. No facilities. Right next to a network of hiking trails. Being fall season I was the only rig there.