Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

We don’t use dividers but it wouldn’t be hard to do. You could even use your cutting board modified to fit properly and not add any additional items. Since these pictures were taken I have ordered the taller tops from FrontRunner which gives you and additional 3” or so of storage as well as screwing a piece of aluminum tread to the cover of one to use as a foot rest or seat…

BTW, I’m also an Aggie..Class of ‘83
Hey that's awesome! Class of '12 here. Always good running into another Aggie!
I like FrontRunner's stuff. I'm looking into getting their water tank and other misc. accessories too since I've only heard good feedback.

Reactions: smlobx

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I’ll give my $0.02 for what it’s worth. First I think it really depends on 2 things..
1. What kind of rig you have.
2. What is the duration of your trip.

In our case we have actually somewhat changed our wardrobe out so that we don’t have any whites and as much of our clothing is synthetic. This means that our laundry on the road is much easier. We try and plan on doing laundry about once a week or so. Given that we try to have clothes to last that long.

Given that info we found that we can comfortably store our clothes in one Frontrunner box for each of us. In our Gladiator we actually have 4 of them that we use and are stored on the rear seat delete platform that we built. We used this last fall on a one month trip to CO and UT with great success. We found that the boxes also doubled as a table and foot rest when at camp..

Here are a couple of pictures of our rear seat set up in our Gladiator and our camp set up.View attachment 226364View attachment 226365
Airport Tower eh?

Reactions: smlobx

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Hey that's awesome! Class of '12 here. Always good running into another Aggie!
I like FrontRunner's stuff. I'm looking into getting their water tank and other misc. accessories too since I've only heard good feedback.
I waited forever to get the Front Runner Water tank in stock for my build…then someone recommended this company for my tank. They can build just about anything you want and the price is very reasonable..check them out.

terryg

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Nixa, MO, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Gandy
Member #

Two things this reminds me of: It depends on how much space and weigh you can deal with and, what do with my fishy smelling clothes...hang them in a tree? Put them in a five gallon bucket with lid and tie on back of truck for "wash cycle". I probably need at least three changes of clothes with a layer here and there.
Good point. Each person's mission profile varies.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

My approach is slightly different. For a short trip, I lay out my clothes for each day (since I’m on the trail, I won’t need any dress clothes:). Then, I roll each outfit into a roll. I then put that roll into a 13L or 20L Sea-to-Summit dry sack, depending on the amount of clothes and season. I also shove another dry sac (the same size) in that outer bag. When I have dirty clothes in the morning, I roll up the entire outfit and put it in the other dry sack. This can then be put in the main dry sack to replace the clean clothes I just used. However, the clean and dirty clothes are kept apart with this approach.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
My approach is slightly different. For a short trip, I lay out my clothes for each day (since I’m on the trail, I won’t need any dress clothes:). Then, I roll each outfit into a roll. I then put that roll into a 13L or 20L Sea-to-Summit dry sack, depending on the amount of clothes and season. I also shove another dry sac (the same size) in that outer bag. When I have dirty clothes in the morning, I roll up the entire outfit and put it in the other dry sack. This can then be put in the main dry sack to replace the clean clothes I just used. However, the clean and dirty clothes are kept apart with this approach.
That’s a great idea, We use one of these. As our duffles get smaller it gets bigger. No wasted space. 955B9B60-CCB6-4744-B75C-1B164C3887B1.jpeg

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

We use the Basics mentioned by FishinCrzy, above. We each carried 2 - undergarments and socks in one, shirts, sweatshirts, and pants in another. One thing I learned, for me anyway, is that packing clothes for overlanding is a lot like packing for through hiking. You really only need one change of clothes. If I launder once a week, I only need a change for when I get to a laundromat. That said, I also hand bath every night, too.
Agree with you. I have traveled the world for weeks at a time with only a carry on. Choose clothing that is versatile, easy to clean, and fast drying. Cold weather complicates this, but you only need layers and one jacket. Fortunately, I have hot water and a sink when overlanding, making hand washing stuff easy.

BTW, I'm a fan of packing cubes to organize clothing.

Reactions: MOAK

ahmedroyce3

Rank I

Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
ahmed
Last Name
royce
My wife and I took a 2-week, 6000-mi trip a while back and our biggest complaint was having to dig through duffles buried amongst sweaters, jackets, shoes, and what-not to find clothes. With our next long trip coming up this summer, we're revisiting this issue and are determined to find a solution that fits us.
So, I searched for some good threads and options online for clothing storage while overlanding/camping/traveling and seem to either find nothing or non-ideal set-ups.
I'm hoping the community can post pictures of what y'all have done to streamline clothing storage while traveling.
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
I know everyone's needs are different so I imagine everyone's solutions may fit a limited crowd. Either way, it'd be great to see everyone's clothing set up.
It allows you to bring less clothing and not be too stinky. There are also low profile camp clotheslines you can use to dry your clothes all over Amazon.

Last edited: