Rank I

Contributor I

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Wyatt
Hey there, fellow adventure-seekers!

If you're like me, you know that setting up and packing up camp can be a real pain in the you-know-what, taking up precious time and energy that could be better spent exploring the great outdoors. But fear not, my fellow travelers! I have found a solution in the form of rooftop tents! These game-changers have transformed my camping and overlanding experience, giving me more time and energy to explore and enjoy the journey.

In this video, I'm going to share my personal experience with two different types of rooftop tents and compare their pros and cons, helping you find the perfect tent for your style of overlanding. So grab a beverage and get ready to kick back and relax while we find the ultimate 4WD, camping, and overlanding rooftop tent to take your adventures to the next level!

Reactions: JackAttack

MarcusWyatt

Rank I

Contributor I

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Wyatt
Great video mate! It's clam shell for me primarily due to the head room and that I could mount 2 solar panels on the top!
Thank you, at the moment with the height of the tent on the vehicle, it is for sure Clamshell. You can't beat them for setup/teardown speed.

If I had to make that decision again, I'd probably buy the Eezi-awn Stealth:

That model has more space for your feet (being 6' 2"), but I was worried at the time about the hinge mechanism and wanted the simplicity of the Blade.

But I did like my Pop-top. That James Baroud is an awesome tent and if you fit one to a trailer or maybe have a vehicle where the tent is fitted and not too high, you would for sure be on to a winner.

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
Even though I love my Roam Vagabond XL, my biggest regret was not going with a hard clam shell tent. I needed more room than 2 person, but now I would be willing to ditch the soft shell tent for 2 hard shell wedge styles. If I could convince my wife into taking the hit, I would do it. It's still a work-in-progress with her :D