ClampTite Tool

• HTML tutorial

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
I recently purchased a ClampTite tool (ClampTite) to add some low profile hose clamps to my air hose setup. This is a pretty cool little tool that could be very useful for various types of trail repairs, and in fact I'm thinking of adding it to the tool kit in my truck. I already carry bailing wire, and this tool gives more options for how that wire can be used such as replacing hose clamps in pretty much any situation: radiator hoses, fuel lines, CV boots, etc and it also can be used to strap parts together like a high strength zip tie.

It takes a little fiddling to get the wire lined up, but my first attempt turned out pretty clean.

And after a little practice it's pretty easy to make a nice clean clamp.

After covering the clamp with heatshrink it is very low profile and has no sharp edges.

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

That is a awesome looking tool many uses as well thanks for sharing on the list when I get payed. Thanks again.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I recently purchased a ClampTite tool (ClampTite) to add some low profile hose clamps to my air hose setup. This is a pretty cool little tool that could be very useful for various types of trail repairs, and in fact I'm thinking of adding it to the tool kit in my truck. I already carry bailing wire, and this tool gives more options for how that wire can be used such as replacing hose clamps in pretty much any situation: radiator hoses, fuel lines, CV boots, etc and it also can be used to strap parts together like a high strength zip tie.

It takes a little fiddling to get the wire lined up, but my first attempt turned out pretty clean.

After covering the clamp with heatshrink it is very low profile and has no sharp edges.
The heat shrink is a good idea too, Thanks

Reactions: Retinens803

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

I don't know how many times in my life I could have used this on my water hoses in the yard, not to mention my car. Much better than a normal hose clamps for strength. Thanks for the heads up info.

Reactions: slomatt