Chrysler RECALLING 2015-2016 Jeep Cherokees

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

murps

Rank V

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Here is the Link

"Chrysler is recalling 32,784 model year 2015-2016 Jeep Cherokees manufactured February 18, 2015, to September 10, 2015 and equipped with the power liftgate option.

Water may leak into the Power Liftgate Control Module and result in a high resistance short circuit. A short circuit in the module increases the risk of a fire."

Murphy Slaw

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Southern Illinois
Member #

Doesn't matter. My 2005 Ram has a recall for the axle nut or some such thing. I got a letter and everything. I've called the dealer 3 /4 times, they just say they don't have the parts and they'll call me. The truck has 114,000 miles on it. I'm guessing it's okay.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

My 2004 Grand Cherokee recently had a hitch recall, it said something about if you got rear-ended that it could cause an explosion because it would shove the hitch into the gas tank.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500

Traveler III

Spanaway, Washington, USA
Member #

The KL has had it's fair share of recalls and TSB's put out on it.

It's funny, actually. There is on recall for Feb 18 and older, and a different one for Feb 18 and newer.