Applewood, Lakewood, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy (veteran)
Hello All, I will be visiting Reisterstown, MD over Christmas and would like some guidance on keeping a family tradition. I'm from Denver, CO and every Christmas we go to the Red Rocks Amphitheater to watch sunrise. Does any one know of a good spot, within 20 - 30 minutes of Reisterstown to view the sunrise?

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Looks like Boonsboro is a good distance away. Was thinking the Washington Monument State park but looks like it is closed until 10am during the winter. Hope someone has some suggestions for you.

PXL_20211226_192123873.PANO.jpg

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Hmmm…not many exciting places nearby. You could pop over to Liberty Reservoir.
If you’re willing to drive further, Harpers Ferry is worthwhile. Park at the train station for free if you have a National Parks Pass, then walk uphill to the ruins of the old church along the Appalachian Trail. Watch the sunrise over the confluence of the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Very beautiful on a nice morning.
Take a thermos of hot beverages and a packed breakfast, then enjoy the historic town. Walk out onto the train trestle bridge, too. If it’s icy, be cautious driving on the steep streets.

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

It’s going to be difficult to compete with Red Rocks in Reisterstown, being in the middle heavy urban sprawl.
I’m trying to think of somewhere, but not having any success at the moment. I’ll post again if I have somewhere to suggest.
Maybe Liberty reservoir, out rt 26 towards Eldersburg. It’s been years since I’ve spent any time around there.

Reactions: T_Polo

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

T_Polo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy (veteran)

T_Polo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy (veteran)
Hmmm…not many exciting places nearby. You could pop over to Liberty Reservoir.
If you’re willing to drive further, Harpers Ferry is worthwhile. Park at the train station for free if you have a National Parks Pass, then walk uphill to the ruins of the old church along the Appalachian Trail. Watch the sunrise over the confluence of the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Very beautiful on a nice morning.
Take a thermos of hot beverages and a packed breakfast, then enjoy the historic town. Walk out onto the train trestle bridge, too. If it’s icy, be cautious driving on the steep streets.
Awesome. I'll look into it. Thanks!

T_Polo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy (veteran)
It’s going to be difficult to compete with Red Rocks in Reisterstown, being in the middle heavy urban sprawl.
I’m trying to think of somewhere, but not having any success at the moment. I’ll post again if I have somewhere to suggest.
Maybe Liberty reservoir, out rt 26 towards Eldersburg. It’s been years since I’ve spent any time around there.
Thank you. I'll Google that spot.

T_Polo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Markham
Member #

Service Branch