Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hey guys, can you logically provide one reason why a member living in a country such as France can not even participate, whereas neighbors, in the same economical Europe, such as Belgium or Germany, can ? Cause i can't see none and i really want to understand.

Please let's forget about jokes in the answers and stick to the official answer.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Is there an import law in France that would prohibit the prize from coming into France?

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Is there an import law in France that would prohibit the prize from coming into France?
None. Plus it's Europe so the big frame for european countries is the same. And customs in the Netherlands would be more expensive so i have no clue. Note that, if was living in South Korea i would ask why citizens of a normal country can't participate but people from North Korea, with a crazy dictator leader and probably zero right to import anything coming from the big bad USA enemy, can actually participate and win...

Last edited:

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Who is in charge of the "resolved" button ? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I asked a question, got strictly zero answer and now this post has a resolved flag ? :tearsofjoy:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
That was me, sorry It was supposed to be Review not resolved, I clicked one to many....

I sent a msg to Michael and Corrie to look at this

Jim

Reactions: 76_overlander

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys, can you logically provide one reason why a member living in a country such as France can not even participate, whereas neighbors, in the same economical Europe, such as Belgium or Germany, can ? Cause i can't see none and i really want to understand.

Please let's forget about jokes in the answers and stick to the official answer.
"Participants can claim the cost of Internet or postage to enter your promotion and you may be required to compensate them for this cost. Contest rules must be in French.” And all advertisements, promotion, web landing page etc also must be in French, plus we need to register the contest locally with a French bailiff.

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

i thought (still think a bit) rules are to be translated to french IF the game is targetting french customers. Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Reactions: Michael