Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I'm partial to the Mexican cuisine and found a Meal that is very tasty and satisfying made with chicken breasts. A package of 4 chicken breasts from the market should be enough for 5 - 6 people easily. Also pick up a dozen or so large flour (burrito style) tortillas and 3-4 good size avocado's, one large white onion and a package of grated mild cheddar cheese as well.
Slice the chicken breasts into strips, the smaller the better, I cut mine about 3/8" wide x 2 to 3 inches long (little finger size). Drag out a big cast iron skillet (for best results) pour in a generous amount of lightly salted soy sauce, (I use regular soy sauce myself) at least a half bottle, you cant use too much but the more you use the longer it will take to cook down and more flavor. Do not add any salt to this recipe, the soy will take care of it all.
Pour in the sliced chicken breast along with a large sliced and largely diced onion and a heaping table spoon of minced or equal amount of chopped garlic. Cook on medium heat or over a camp fire. Chicken doesn't take long to cook but in this case it must be cooked and stirred until the soy sauce has evaporated completely and turned into charcoal leaving a very dry blackened and well cooked chicken (not burnt). While the chicken is cooking peel the avocado's chop them into a large bowl and mash the hell out of them. Add a little salt, medium black pepper, a half jigger of vinegar, some diced white onion if you like and diced tomatoes to your taste (canned taco sauce is a good substitute for the tomato's) If you use taco sauce don't use the vinegar. Stir and blend evenly. Heat the tortillas by whatever means, over a burner, in a skillet or however you can as long as they are soft, fluffy and hot. Fill them with the cooked chicken, add the guacamole (avocado for you gringo's) spread a nice layer of grated cheese over the top and roll into a burrito. Grab the brew of you choice and enjoy a fairly quick and easy meal. Some people like to grate lettuce into their guacamole for more texture, it's okay you wont ruin anything it just makes the guacamole go a little further and adds an interesting flavor at the same time. Guacamole taste is a personal thing so you can try things like powdered onion instead of fresh onions (I don't care for it), some people like to add a little tobacco to liven it up, just make it however you like, it's only an additive for the chicken fajita and adds the moisture back into the extra dry chicken.
Let me know if you like it. Lanlubber

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I'm partial to the Mexican cuisine and found a Meal that is very tasty and satisfying made with chicken breasts. A package of 4 chicken breasts from the market should be enough for 5 - 6 people easily. Also pick up a dozen or so large flour (burrito style) tortillas and 3-4 good size avocado's, one large white onion and a package of grated mild cheddar cheese as well.
Slice the chicken breasts into strips, the smaller the better, I cut mine about 3/8" wide x 2 to 3 inches long (little finger size). Drag out a big cast iron skillet (for best results) pour in a generous amount of lightly salted soy sauce, (I use regular soy sauce myself) at least a half bottle, you cant use too much but the more you use the longer it will take to cook down and more flavor. Do not add any salt to this recipe, the soy will take care of it all.
Pour in the sliced chicken breast along with a large sliced and largely diced onion and a heaping table spoon of minced or equal amount of chopped garlic. Cook on medium heat or over a camp fire. Chicken doesn't take long to cook but in this case it must be cooked and stirred until the soy sauce has evaporated completely and turned into charcoal leaving a very dry blackened and well cooked chicken (not burnt). While the chicken is cooking peel the avocado's chop them into a large bowl and mash the hell out of them. Add a little salt, medium black pepper, a half jigger of vinegar, some diced white onion if you like and diced tomatoes to your taste (canned taco sauce is a good substitute for the tomato's) If you use taco sauce don't use the vinegar. Stir and blend evenly. Heat the tortillas by whatever means, over a burner, in a skillet or however you can as long as they are soft, fluffy and hot. Fill them with the cooked chicken, add the guacamole (avocado for you gringo's) spread a nice layer of grated cheese over the top and roll into a burrito. Grab the brew of you choice and enjoy a fairly quick and easy meal. Some people like to grate lettuce into their guacamole for more texture, it's okay you wont ruin anything it just makes the guacamole go a little further and adds an interesting flavor at the same time. Guacamole taste is a personal thing so you can try things like powdered onion instead of fresh onions (I don't care for it), some people like to add a little tobacco to liven it up, just make it however you like, it's only an additive for the chicken fajita and adds the moisture back into the extra dry chicken.
Landlubber,
That does sound good! Yum! Will make this one day soon! Thanks for posting the recipe! Vance.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Landlubber,
That does sound good! Yum! Will make this one day soon! Thanks for posting the recipe! Vance.
Well thank you Vance, I wouldn't have done it if not for your idea. I'm just now learning a little better on how to use the forums. I usually just look at the bottom of the page and see if there is something I might want to butt in too. :smirk::smirk:

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Sounds good. I'm a huge fan of tortillas and pretty much anything you put in a tortilla is going to taste good. If not, just keep adding cheese and hot sauce until it does...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sounds good. I'm a huge fan of tortillas and pretty much anything you put in a tortilla is going to taste good. If not, just keep adding cheese and hot sauce until it does...
That will do it every time. I haven tried them with fried SPAM yet but I may just try that with tater tots and fried onions and cheese with a little red or green salsa.

Reactions: grubworm

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Sounds good Lanlubber. I make a very similar roll-up meal when camping, marinated chicken and sometimes sautéed veggies and guac, though never tried adding tobacco. :grinning: I hope that's supposed to say tabasco, right? I use Cholula, sometimes a spicy D.a.T. sauce I get down in Morgan City LA in Cajun country. Ya can't go wrong with good tender chicken breasts.

Last edited:

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Sounds great. Although I might take the liberty of adding Cilantro :laughing:

I love tacos. I recently started watching the Taco Chronicles on Netflix. It is a good watch if you like tacos. Although it is in Spanish with subtitles. Each 30 min episode is devoted to one style of taco.

Taco Chronicles | Netflix Official Site

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Landlubber,
He does me too! I bet he would be fun to Overland with! Vance.
I think you and I are both pretty serious thinkers and dooers. We need people like him around us to make us realize there is more to life than work. He is just a naturally funny guy, and smart as hell me thinks.
Lanlubber

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sounds good Lanlubber. I make a very similar roll-up meal when camping, marinated chicken and sometimes sautéed veggies and guac, though never tried adding tobacco. :grinning: I hope that's supposed to say tabasco, right? I use Cholula, sometimes a spicy D.a.T. sauce I get down in Morgan City LA in Cajun country. Ya can't go wrong with good tender chicken breasts.

Yeah, my fat fingers makes it hard to type on my Kendal. Thanks for the correction, actually I think my Kendal was trying to outsmart me again and put wrong words in my text. :coldsweat: It thinks its smarter than me and likes to anticipate my writings. I don't know how to override that feature but it has gotten me in trouble before by my failure go edit my posts.

Reactions: Road