Launch Member

Enthusiast I

North Little Rock, AR, USA
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Hamlin
Member #

Here’s my 2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500. I’ve done a few upgrades. Leveling kit, bilstien 5100 all around, Yakima Mega warrior Rack with 2 extension pieces, Nilight LEDs. What other upgrades have y’all done on these full size rigs to make more conducive to overlanding? Not trying to make it a rock crawler or anything. Just Wondering about suspension and gearing?

18E98DC1-E572-4B83-84FD-6BD25BBDF1B6.jpeg

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

A question for all of you with a Suburban/Yukon XL. What gas mileage do you get? I am about 10.5 with my 90, do the newer ones do much better?

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I have an '02 8.1L 3/4 ton 4x4.

The Bride gets about 10mpg using it as a daily driver.

When we travel with it we typically get about 12mpg on the freeway. Our best ever was 13mpg.

Reactions: RoarinRow

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Well I guess I am not doing too bad with my old 90 3/4 ton. I guess its hard to get a 4 wheel drive 3 or 4 ton brick to get much over 10 MPG.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Well I guess I am not doing too bad with my old 90 3/4 ton. I guess its hard to get a 4 wheel drive 3 or 4 ton brick to get much over 10 MPG.
It is good just to make it into double digits.

My 455 '72 Olds and 454 '73 Burb both got 8mpg.

And that is better than the 6mpg that my 396 '68 Camaro gets.

So yes, I am happy once I get into double digits.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

It is good just to make it into double digits.

My 455 '72 Olds and 454 '73 Burb both got 8mpg.

And that is better than the 6mpg that my 396 '68 Camaro gets.

So yes, I am happy once I get into double digits.
Yep, I have had 2 square body trucks with a 454, 8 mpg was a good day, 6-7 was normal.

Jasonb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bath
Member #

That

is a great looking rig. Tell us more about it. Rack, lights, wheels and tires, any other mods. I would love to know more. I have a 90 V2500.
Thanks! It's still a work in progress. Like everything lol. Its sitting on. Worn out 4" lift(first thing to get upgraded) on 315/75R16 Goodyear wrangler duratracs. It has an old con ferr safari roof rack with a smittybuilt axe and shovel mount. Got some Inexpensive nilight lite bar with 2 pods on the back. Smittybuilt awning and a hilift jack. Home made rear bumper and tire rack. I have a 12k warn winch for it. Just need to make the front bumper. Maybe I'll start a build thread when I get going on it. Going to try to get it all done before Thanksgiving. I'm working on planning a trip to Alabama hills/death valley the week before Thanksgiving.