Checking out...homebase located in California...

• HTML tutorial

maxx4wd

Rank 0

Traveler I

Obviously new here...can't wait to get out on the trails hopefully with some of you guys....mainly do some easy camping with the family but would love to start building out the latest rig for some more adventure based style overlanding...looks like a great community and can't wait to contribute and meet new faces.

Traveler I

US
I'm in Banning. Between Riverside and Palm Springs. I have most of my adventures exploring old highway 243. It was a stagecoach path over Mt. San Jacinto in the 1800s. Unpaved and daunting. I couldn't imagine what my towns first settlers had to go through to get over that highway in a stagecoach.

Sent from my NX16A11264 using Tapatalk

Traveler I

US
I understand there was a famous stagecoach robber named black Bart that may have stashed a fortune in loot from robberies in these mtns. I have been exploring this mountain since I was big enough to reach the ground on my motorcycle.

PunkRockPoppa

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Banning, CA.
Member #

I'm in Banning. Between Riverside and Palm Springs. I have most of my adventures exploring old highway 243. It was a stagecoach path over Mt. San Jacinto in the 1800s. Unpaved and daunting. I couldn't imagine what my towns first settlers had to go through to get over that highway in a stagecoach.

I'm also in banning, haven't done much wheeling in the past year. Still shaking out a few bugs on my new cruiser (100 series) but over the past few years have explored the desert area a bit in my 80 series.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

maxx4wd

Rank 0

Traveler I

awesome...I have not done much exploring other then some local trails off of the 33 behind Ojai and the like but hope to add more trails very soon.

I can't imagine what it would have been like to cross modern roads on a stagecoach let alone a roughly graded pass. We followed part of the Donner pass trail on foot when the wife and I were a bit younger without kids during the summer and that was extremely taxing...man I couldn't even image what it would be like in winter with poor clothing no wonder so many didn't make it.

maxx4wd

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome from LA! There's a meet on Sunday in OC if you're free!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Awesome. I might actually be free this weekend too. I'll check and see what's going on - is there a link to the meetup or somewhere to find more info about it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk