• HTML tutorial

Hilux-explorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Hi guys !!! :grinning: this is Charley my Toyota Hilux DC :grinning:

Modification:

Exterior:

• 2" complete lift kit
  • Hankook Dynapro M/T tyres 265 70 R17 (very good tyres)
  • EvoCorse Dakar Zero 17x8 wheels
  • Hand made rock sliders
  • ARB complete set of slides
  • Snorkel with cyclone prefilter
  • K&N air filter
Interior:
  • CB radio
  • On board air with air compressor in the bed
  • Some switches for added functions like rear spot lights, front spot lights, air compressor...
  • Voltmeter with 2 added USB socket
  • Waeco CFX series 36 lt. fridge (only for the weekend or long trip)
Bed:
  • ARB hard top without side glass
  • Hand made bed slide (not ultimated) on the left side of the bed, with air tank and air compressor, 50 lt. water tank, shower, 2 boxes with all you need for cook
  • Another bed slide(in costruction) on the right side of the bed with 2 other boxes, one for everything tools and recovery gear and one for clothes that I use during the trip, this structure is removable to allow me to load 2 bike
  • The hard top is reinforced (always hand made by me and my friend) to fit the tent on the roof
  • Autohome Air Camping roof top tent
Next month I'll mount new front shocks made by Profender, with external gas tank and adjustable spring.
In the future there is a winch and a right cut of the front bumper :smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp:

More pics of my truck and my trips on my facebook page or instagram follow me ! :grin:

Easyy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salem, MA, USA
First Name
Edi
Last Name
Zaimovic
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi guys !!! :grinning: this is Charley my Toyota Hilux DC :grinning:

Modification:

Exterior:

• 2" complete lift kit
  • Hankook Dynapro M/T tyres 265 70 R17 (very good tyres)
  • EvoCorse Dakar Zero 17x8 wheels
  • Hand made rock sliders
  • ARB complete set of slides
  • Snorkel with cyclone prefilter
  • K&N air filter
Interior:
  • CB radio
  • On board air with air compressor in the bed
  • Some switches for added functions like rear spot lights, front spot lights, air compressor...
  • Voltmeter with 2 added USB socket
  • Waeco CFX series 36 lt. fridge (only for the weekend or long trip)
Bed:
  • ARB hard top without side glass
  • Hand made bed slide (not ultimated) on the left side of the bed, with air tank and air compressor, 50 lt. water tank, shower, 2 boxes with all you need for cook
  • Another bed slide(in costruction) on the right side of the bed with 2 other boxes, one for everything tools and recovery gear and one for clothes that I use during the trip, this structure is removable to allow me to load 2 bike
  • The hard top is reinforced (always hand made by me and my friend) to fit the tent on the roof
  • Autohome Air Camping roof top tent
Next month I'll mount new front shocks made by Profender, with external gas tank and adjustable spring.
In the future there is a winch and a right cut of the front bumper :smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp::smilingimp:

More pics of my truck and my trips on my facebook page or instagram follow me ! :grin:
Awesome build!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Hilux-explorer

Hilux-explorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Profender shocks

And one pic of the bed set up with bike, you can see also the structure for the roof top tent, sorry but I haven't pics of the set up with another bed slide

And finally some pics of my last weekend on mountain with base camp at 3000 mt. on the second highest road of the Europe [emoji16]

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

That is some beautiful scenery in the background. As a Tacoma owner I'm always just a little jealous of a nicely built Hilux. I hope to someday soon move somewhere that I can get one with a diesel.

Also those rims are super awesome.

Hilux-explorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

That is some beautiful scenery in the background. As a Tacoma owner I'm always just a little jealous of a nicely built Hilux. I hope to someday soon move somewhere that I can get one with a diesel.

Also those rims are super awesome.
It's curious, you are jealous of my Hilux and I'm very jealous of your Tacoma and 4Runner, you have a lot of piece and accessories to built your rig that we don't have here in Europe for our rig...

I'm in according to you about rims, they are very very beautiful !!! :hearteyes:

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Does Italy have similar rules about vehicle modification as U.K., Australia. Seems like the laws other places limit a lot of the aftermarket parts.

Hilux-explorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Does Italy have similar rules about vehicle modification as U.K., Australia. Seems like the laws other places limit a lot of the aftermarket parts.
Ahahahahah yes ! :tearsofjoy:

You're right !!! This is the problem, a big problem....in Italy the laws don't permit any modifications, only tyres, but max 5% over the stock size, other modification are possible (and not always) only with a projectof an engeneer, but it becomes very difficult and so much expensive...so it's impossible. This is a big limit for people who work in this sector...

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

That would drive me crazy. I have done several modifications to my truck that I built myself. Can companies like ARB or Ironman sell their winch bars in Italy?

Hilux-explorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

That would drive me crazy. I have done several modifications to my truck that I built myself. Can companies like ARB or Ironman sell their winch bars in Italy?
Me too !!!

Yes, purchase a winch bar is not a problem, the problem is that you must register any modification of your truck at the vehicle registration office (I don't know how it's called in U.S.) but modification like winch bumper, rear bumper, snorkel...not always are possibile, unfortunately there isn't a precise rule, modification like winch or alternative size of tyres are possible, any modification of the engine or lift kit are impossibile.

So I can buy any accessory for my truck, also a long travel kit for front suspension (:hearteyes:) but I will never be perfectly in line with the italian rules :rage:

Hilux-explorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Hi guys !!! [emoji846] it’s been a time since I’ve written last time, but this months are been very very busy, at work we built a camper based on Mercedes Unimog [emoji7] for travel in Africa and this work has spent all my time and energy, but I’m very very proud of the result [emoji846]
Now let’s go back to Charley, last month I spent few hours doing some maintenance, like oil and filter change and finally I was able to mount the new front shocks, I’m very very satisfied, now the truck is much better and it’s raised 2 cm more as I hoped [emoji846]
Two pics of the Unimog

And some pics of the last work on Charley [emoji846]

Final result

Maybe these tires are too big [emoji23]

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin Forrest

Hilux-explorer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Hi guys ! [emoji846] today I spent some of my time to do a couple of work on the Hilux, first I mounted new limit straps by ProComp for the front suspensions
then after a year, finally I complete first part of the equipment of the tray, the structure contains air compressor, water tank and a drawer with the necessary for the kitchen

Stay tuned, the to do list is still long !