Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Meet-up in Fresno with the hope of starting a reoccurring event that might have the following components;

1. Rig walk arounds learning from each other.
2. Education component, either some sort of presentation or actual hands on learning; tire repair, recovery, and so on.
3. Trail runs with a concentration on Comms/Nav training and practice. Trying to get everyone very proficient with both. And support the use of Ham and or GMRS in the Overland Bound West Region as a standard.
4. Have the meet-up on the same day and time of the month so people can plan on attending in advance.

All meet-up's are different it depends on the members wishes so come on out and lets talk overlanding.

View Rally Point
Reactions: brianone20

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

All right another OB meeting and I can make this one. I'll start passing the word. Its just before my winter camping trip to Yosemite.

Reactions: TOMB

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

It looks like the meeting is at the same place as the last meeting. Off Herndon Ave at pieology?
Is that BC pizza better than pieology? Piratewilly, the meeting is from 1pm to 3pm and I will be rollin from Porterville. AOM did you rsvp? I will have a new swing arm tire carrier and a bed set up for the truck that I didn't have on Death Valley trip.

Reactions: TOMB and ArmyofMike

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I looked up that BC pizza place and it looks pretty good. I'm cool with that place too. It puts me closer to my son that lives in Clovis.

Reactions: TOMB

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Sorry guys I thought it posted the time. 1-3 on Sunday. BC Pizza is a lot closer for me, we can go wherever you want. I'm easy.

TOMB

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Please bear with me. Kent Reynolds set up the last Rally Point for us. I'll get it figured out eventually. I set the maximum at 50 vehicles and it was sent out to a large radius. So hopefully it gets out to those of interest. This will be another informal meet. We can discuss setting up a regular occurring time and place.

TOMB

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Coud this tread be posted in the old tread so people who reply on the last on can see it.
Hi Benny, trying to figure out how to do that.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

I posted in previous meetup thread and referenced this thread on Rally point page!

Last edited:

Fergi4

Rank 0

Traveler I

Clovis.
I’m going, however I agree let’s go to BC’s much better and closer and there’s plenty of room in that parking lot.

TOMB

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Okay, BC Pizza it is.