Central Valley/Central CA Roll Call! Where you from?

• HTML tutorial

Adventure_for_5

Rank I

Member I

California, USA
First Name
james
Last Name
tessman
Member #

I'm James from Bakersfield.
2006 Dodge Ram 2500
We (me, wife and 3 kids) are new to Overlanding but we have been exploring around California/Nevada for a few years ground camping mostly in campgrounds
where there are huge trailers with generators and music going and basically taking their whole house out to "enjoy nature".
Trying to get out and show our kids more of what nature has to offer than just a stuffy crowded city.
I have been involved in off road racing for years and always loved being able to pit and chase race cars but bummed I could never stay in cool and interesting places long enough to check them out (always having to run to the next stop or head home).
Though fun and exciting it always seemed like "work" and I never was able to take my kids. They love camping and going on adventures so why not get into overlanding... hope to make some of the meetups or see you all around the trails.dodge OB.jpg

Fakawi Tribe

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Fresno, CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Aguirre
Member #

2006 Dodge Ram 2500
We (me, wife and 3 kids) are new to Overlanding but we have been exploring around California/Nevada for a few years ground camping mostly in campgrounds
where there are huge trailers with generators and music going and basically taking their whole house out to "enjoy nature".
Trying to get out and show our kids more of what nature has to offer than just a stuffy crowded city.
I have been involved in off road racing for years and always loved being able to pit and chase race cars but bummed I could never stay in cool and interesting places long enough to check them out (always having to run to the next stop or head home).
Though fun and exciting it always seemed like "work" and I never was able to take my kids. They love camping and going on adventures so why not get into overlanding... hope to make some of the meetups or see you all around the trails.View attachment 191896
See you on the trails!

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Though fun and exciting it always seemed like "work" and I never was able to take my kids. They love camping and going on adventures so why not get into overlanding... hope to make some of the meetups or see you all around the trails.View attachment 191896
We just passed through Bakersfield to Death Valley on Thursday and over the 178 to lake isabella to kernville for lunch yesterday. Bakersfield has meet up and glad you can join in with the family. I'm in the Visalia area so we'll see you out inthewoods.

Troy Carroll

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bakersfield, CA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Welcome, we haven't had a meet up here in Bako for a while because of Covid, but if you want to message me your number I will add you to the text thread we use to plan everything.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

If anyone is out to the coast over Labor Day weekend, we’re having an OB meet up in San Luis on Saturday morning! Everyone is welcome. Rally Point posted for details.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

New member from Fresno, always interested in meeting up. Normally frequent the western side of the Sierras.
Welcome Kyle to OB. I hold OB meetings in the Visalia CA area. We were just up at Courtwright reservoir (7 rigs) and will be planning a snow camping trip soon above Bass Lake. I snow camp up there every winter. I post on the Rally point on OB when we are having a meeting. Some of us are getting ready for the Mojave road trip and you are welcome to come. Just keep checking OB for the post and RSVP if interested. I'm thinking of Lone Pine winter camping too. You have any questions shot me a DM. Hope to see you inthewoods.

Reactions: MC_KYLE_3G4R

MC_KYLE_3G4R

Rank III

Contributor III

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Nichols
Welcome Kyle to OB. I hold OB meetings in the Visalia CA area. We were just up at Courtwright reservoir (7 rigs) and will be planning a snow camping trip soon above Bass Lake. I snow camp up there every winter. I post on the Rally point on OB when we are having a meeting. Some of us are getting ready for the Mojave road trip and you are welcome to come. Just keep checking OB for the post and RSVP if interested. I'm thinking of Lone Pine winter camping too. You have any questions shot me a DM. Hope to see you inthewoods.
Nice! I have been wanting to head to the Lone Pine area for quite some time, that would be awesome. When is the Mojave trip? I wouldn't mind snow camping either, never been. Usually a summer camper.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Nice! I have been wanting to head to the Lone Pine area for quite some time, that would be awesome. When is the Mojave trip? I wouldn't mind snow camping either, never been. Usually a summer camper.
Mojave road trip I think is October 27 weekend. I think there is two of us going from Visalia and few from the bay area that we may jump in convoy with. I try to leave on a Thursday and come back on Monday.
Few people are winter campers but I go every winter and if I'm lucky I will get there in time for the snow storm.

Reactions: MC_KYLE_3G4R