Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ke7cqw
Hi, I am wondering if there is anyone in the Central Oregon area?..Bend area?
KE7CQW.

Reactions: BobG

pseebald

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brookings, OR
Member #

I am located in Brookings OR. I would like to get an Oregon Meetup going soon at some point. I am not horribly far from bend maybe 5 hours. I hear there is a nice nation parks orv trail a couple hpurs from me.

raundhaus

Rank III

Advocate II

I'm outside of Antelope. Maybe you have heard of the old Rajneesh place that's now a youth camp? I live and work there. Been interested in exploring the Ochoco Mts more lately, but my schedule is hard to work with these days (growing family).
If there was a trip organized in the area I would try to make it work, but my fall is pretty much already booked :/

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Maybe us Oregonians should plan a meet up for late spring in 2017? If we start now folks could set aside the time...

Here's a starting place. They offer maps of some of the back country trails here in OR.

If nothing else, we could have a couple meet up and planning sessions over the winter months. Maybe an east side/west side thing. Just a thought.

@raundhaus You must know my friend Mr. B then... spent some time on his Antone place.

PaintedHills.jpg

Reactions: CoolMooseMan

cruiserpotamus

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Christmas Valley, OR
Member #

We have property in Christmas Valley, but we won't be living up there until some time next year. I am very interested in getting to know some people up in that area so I will try to keep abreast of the goings on up there. Who knows, we might be able to work some meeting at some point.

Overland on!

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Was over in the Klamath falls (Chiloquin) area over the weekend beautiful place to visit. Checked out Crater Lake bummer only able to get to the lodge as the road was blocked due to snow. Lots of dirt/gravel roads with washboards fun just cruising around town.

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Guys, I'm from the Bay Area, but am scheduling a ghost town trip next June. Would love to have some meet up with fellow OB folks that know the area

Reactions: Bu3

Livingthebuslife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Eureka, CA
Member #

We will be up in southern Oregon over Thanksgiving. Would love to meet up with some folks in the area if anyone is willing to come out and show us around.

John Galt

Rank III

Advocate II

Bend, OR
We go out a lot here in Central Oregon. Its the Central Oregon Landcruisers so we are a club of Toyota 4x4 models, but a lot of the runs we open up to all makes and models as long as the drivers are willing to abide by our guidelines (which is mostly keeping it family friendly etc...). We will be heading out to play in the snow next Friday, November 25th. All the details are HERE

Livingthebuslife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Eureka, CA
Member #

We go out a lot here in Central Oregon. Its the Central Oregon Landcruisers so we are a club of Toyota 4x4 models, but a lot of the runs we open up to all makes and models as long as the drivers are willing to abide by our guidelines (which is mostly keeping it family friendly etc...). We will be heading out to play in the snow next Friday, November 25th. All the details are HERE
That sounds like a pretty cool trip @John Galt. Thanks for the invite! No problem with the family friendly part!
Just a few questions on the trip.
1. What are your club requirements for must have gear? (Radio, winch, etc...)
2. Whats the difficulty of this trip? (I'm lifted with 33's and front and rear lockers. Have recovery points and straps but no winch yet.)
3. Is anyone planning to camp, or is this just a day trip?
4. If it is a day trip, can you suggest any good camping spots in the area that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance and thank you again for inviting us even though we drive a different rig. :blush:

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
hello from prineville
I live in WY but have property near Prineville in Juniper Acres. Was out there in the fall exploring the neighborhood as well as Prineville Res, and Smith Rock state parks. Beautiful area, need to make it out there more often!

Reactions: TheUnforgiven1